5/10/11 updates

while downloading the updates, jersey central power had a power failure thus screwing up my router temporarily and completely screwing up the downloads; now back up and running, the update systems is not saying I need the updates but obviously I do; how do I go back to the point to get the updates?

If by “update systems” you mean the tray icon app, you can always go to Yast2 - Online Update and see which packages are due for an update. However, if Online Update doesn’t report any required updates, and you’re 100% sure the updates didn’t happen, you have a problem.

Not to rub it in, but this is why I don’t mind spending the $80 or so on an UPS - I’ve toasted motherboards before during power outages that’s the best 80 bucks I spent since.

Edit: if you do buy an UPS, get a retail APC model and don’t forget to install / configure “apcupsd”

Yes it is a bit of a rub in, must make you happy though, so enjoy yourself with your vasoline.

under /var/log/zypp/history, it appears the updates finished in the 8:39 pm range and I think the power outage was more like 9pm, so perhaps nothing bad happened, but I am not 100% sure but at least 75% confident.

On 2011-05-11 13:06, RichardET wrote:
>
> under /var/log/zypp/history, it appears the updates finished in the 8:39
> pm range and I think the power outage was more like 9pm, so perhaps
> nothing bad happened, but I am not 100% sure but at least 75% confident.

If yast online update say there are no updates pending, is because there
are no updates pending :slight_smile:

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)