Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: LibreOffice word processor freezing

  1. #1

    Default LibreOffice word processor freezing

    Before I switched over to the tumbleweed repositories I could use frames in the word processor for positioning text, since switching to tumbleweed using frames causes the word processor to freeze

    Anyone else experienced this?

    Could it be something a bug report should be filed on?

    I don't know how to do that but if a report on it should be filed and someone could tell me how I'd be happy to do it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: LibreOffice word processor freezing

    On Thu, 05 May 2011 16:36:04 +0000, Ecky wrote:

    > Before I switched over to the tumbleweed repositories I could use frames
    > in the word processor for positioning text, since switching to
    > tumbleweed using frames causes the word processor to freeze
    >
    > Anyone else experienced this?
    >
    > Could it be something a bug report should be filed on?
    >
    > I don't know how to do that but if a report on it should be filed and
    > someone could tell me how I'd be happy to do it


    Yes, please file a bug for this at bugzilla.novell.com against the
    libreoffice package and the developers there will work on it.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

  3. #3

    Default Re: LibreOffice word processor freezing

    I tried changing my installed libreoffice packages to the one from this repository:

    Stable LibreOffice Repository
    Index of /repositories/LibreOffice:/Stable/openSUSE_11.4

    Still the same problem though, I'm gonna have to try installing openoffice for now as I have some accounting spreadsheets I don't want to risk corrupting with a dodgy office package

  4. #4

    Default Re: LibreOffice word processor freezing

    Well I tried to file a bug report but hit a bit of a problem

    Wants me to verify my email address before I post, but the mail address I originally signed up here with I no longer have, no problem I thought, just go change it to a current one in my profile

    Another problem, to edit my email I have to put in my password, so I pop in the password and get a page telling me it's not my password ... how the password isn't the one I just logged in with is beyond me

    Of course there is a helpful link for forgotten passwords, except that send a message to the email address I no longer have

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    11,731
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LibreOffice word processor freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Well I tried to file a bug report but hit a bit of a problem

    Wants me to verify my email address before I post, but the mail address I originally signed up here with I no longer have, no problem I thought, just go change it to a current one in my profile

    Another problem, to edit my email I have to put in my password, so I pop in the password and get a page telling me it's not my password ... how the password isn't the one I just logged in with is beyond me

    Of course there is a helpful link for forgotten passwords, except that send a message to the email address I no longer have
    LOL.

    This is because Novel's Ichain system of having one login for all camps in the Novell orbit. The email address needs to be changed at Novell as well as in our forums here. Try this address:
    https://secure-www.novell.com/selfre...w.opensuse.org

    If it all falls apart, contact me by email. I'll send you my address by PM so the spam crawlers don't get it.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

  6. #6

    Default Re: LibreOffice word processor freezing

    So glad I could amuse ya swerdna

    Bug report filed, including the information that after installing OpenOffice from the tarball the problem with LibreOffice went away

    Now in LibreOffice the dialog I get when right-clicking the frame and clicking Frame to edit it's properties has changed from what I was seeing in LibreOffice to the one you get when when doing the same thing in OpenOffice, and no freeze

    I think the two decided to get together or something and the office I'm now using appears to be the offspring that resulted from that union ... I'm gonna rename all my icons to say *******Office

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    11,731
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LibreOffice word processor freezing

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    So glad I could amuse ya swerdna

    Bug report filed, including the information that after installing OpenOffice from the tarball the problem with LibreOffice went away

    Now in LibreOffice the dialog I get when right-clicking the frame and clicking Frame to edit it's properties has changed from what I was seeing in LibreOffice to the one you get when when doing the same thing in OpenOffice, and no freeze

    I think the two decided to get together or something and the office I'm now using appears to be the offspring that resulted from that union ... I'm gonna rename all my icons to say *******Office
    Pretty much following the template set by the European monarchy down through the ages I see.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

  8. #8

    Default Re: LibreOffice word processor freezing

    Lol indeed

    Well I am british

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •