Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dimb YAST> Software Managment >Upddates question.

Question Dimb YAST> Software Managment >Upddates question.

OK when I go into Software Management > Repositories > Updates I see some packages that are in red. These are packages that are to be rolled back. When I select the check mark/ tick mark it goes to an X. Is it going to be rolled back or removed when I select like this? I haven't been rolling back because I don't want to screw up and bork my system and I have quite a few of these today.
    Tumbleweed

Default Re: Dimb YAST> Software Managment >Upddates question.

Check the version tab on the bottom right. See where each available version comes from and then you can make the decision to keep or replace.

I am not so much worried about where the packages or libaries come from as I am making sure I am just rolling back and not removing the package totally. What action does that "X" represent is what I want to know. Is it a remove or roll back?
    Tumbleweed

I think removed but the version info is important since you may have installed something from and one repo and added another that has a newer package.

You can select the version from the version tab.

I am not so concerned with where is comes from since I only have the standard 11.3 repos and Packman installed. I have Packman set to 90 so if it's a pm package I have installed that is what will be rolled back/updated to otherwise just the standard openSUSE updates.

Removed is not good. Removed breaks things. How do I make it roll back instead?
    Tumbleweed

Quote Originally Posted by FlameBait View Post
    I am not so concerned with where is comes from since I only have the standard 11.3 repos and Packman installed. I have Packman set to 90 so if it's a pm package I have installed that is what will be rolled back/updated to otherwise just the standard openSUSE updates.

Removed is not good. Removed breaks things. How do I make it roll back instead?
    Show a screenshot of such a package including the tab labelled "Versions". However, from your description it sounds as if there were no package to roll-back to.

ETA: You are not looking at VLC packages perchance?
    http://forums.opensuse.org/english/g...-11-4-a-2.html

This is strange. When I went to grab the screen shot I noticed the red packages in YAST> Software> Management> Repositories> Updated for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 were no longer highlighted in red. I did all the updates that were on blue (packages for which updates were available) the first time through. Now when I go back in to YAST > Software Management the repos are not scanned and the red entries are not present. Did doing the updates satisfy some dependencies or do I need to force it to rescan some how? These were all most all pm multimedia packages and libs that I updated.
    Tumbleweed

This is strange. When I went to grab the screen shot I noticed the red packages in YAST> Software> Management> Repositories> Updated for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 were no longer highlighted in red.
    Look at the pseudo-repository "@System" instead.

I did a reboot and looking at the @system I picked one package that is red.

There is no other version available. Pretty much makes it a non issue.

So it's just YAST being unhappy it seems.
    Tumbleweed

There is no other version available. Pretty much makes it a non issue.
    Yes, that is it. (And while the package libdvdcss has Packman as vendor, it does not come from the Packman repository. It comes from the libdvdcss repository. So if you wanted to update or re-install it you would need to enable that repo again.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast