Printer Trouble - kind-of

I am a new user of Open SUSE and like it so far having moved from an illegal copy of Win7. SUSE picked up my Epson 760 colour USB printer no prob BUT I find if I am printing a documeny from Libre Office with more than two pages, I have to print each page at a time otherwise the print will be over-printed and unreadable with lines under every few sentences. I suspect it is either fonts or the driver is not the best. Can you help?
ALSO. I am unable so far to share this printer to an XP Client or a UBUNTU client even though the UBUNTU client sees the SUSE computer on the network. Any ideas?
ALSO, I cannot print from Scribus - the printer will move the paper in my printer but the printout is a blank sheet.

My first problem as mentioned above is a basic one and the one I would like solved as soon as possible.

Hi tigermack. You’re probably using the gutenprint drivers that come with CUPS. I’m not familar with this model. You could try searching for and installing an Epson driver from Avasys.

On 05/04/2011 12:36 PM, tigermack wrote:
>
> I am a new user of Open SUSE and like it so far having moved from an
> illegal copy of Win7. SUSE picked up my Epson 760 colour USB printer no
> prob BUT I find if I am printing a documeny from Libre Office with more
> than two pages, I have to print each page at a time otherwise the print
> will be over-printed and unreadable with lines under every few
> sentences. I suspect it is either fonts or the driver is not the best.
> Can you help?
> ALSO. I am unable so far to share this printer to an XP Client or a
> UBUNTU client even though the UBUNTU client sees the SUSE computer on
> the network. Any ideas?
> ALSO, I cannot print from Scribus - the printer will move the paper in
> my printer but the printout is a blank sheet.
>
> My first problem as mentioned above is a basic one and the one I would
> like solved as soon as possible.

The overprinting is a printer driver problem. The Postscript that is generated
is not doing an erase page before composing the next one. Does your printer have
more than one driver? I saw the same thing with an HP Deskjet 932c. Choosing a
different driver fixed that.

As for sharing that printer, have you set up Samba? You will need it for Windows
to see it.

Thanks very much, I will try getting a linux driver directly from Epson and attempt to install it.

Thank you so much, I will try that and let you know.