Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No window menus in freenx

Default No window menus in freenx

I recently upgraded an openSUSE 11.3 install to 11.4 by downloading the DVD, burning it, & chosing the upgrade option upon booting to it. I used all the upgrade defaults. Upon coming back up, I added the FreeNX zypper repository & installed the latest FreeNX. Connecting via FreeNX works, but I'm not able to see any window menus on any of my applications. They get stuck to the top left corner of the screen &/or they don't have the window border surrounding the window (as in the top bar that contains the minimize/maximize buttons).

Default Re: No window menus in freenx

I"ve verified it's not a user problem because I created a new user & logged in as the user for the first time & it still happened to that user too.

I don't know what's the problem whith this FreeNX version - don't even know if it is still 0.7.2 which had several other problems. Version 0.7.3 I compiled in OBS works fine for me. You might want to try to install this one from my repo:
    Index of /repositories/home:/please_try_again/openSUSE_11.4

Quote Originally Posted by please_try_again View Post
    I don't know what's the problem whith this FreeNX version - don't even know if it is still 0.7.2 which had several other problems. Version 0.7.3 I compiled in OBS works fine for me. You might want to try to install this one from my repo:
    Index of /repositories/home:/please_try_again/openSUSE_11.4
    Tried your versions (thanks!), but still having the same problem.

In this case, I would say it is a client problem, not a server problem... or something wrong in your /etc/nxserver/node.conf - this would be easy to check.
    Are you using the NoMachine Client? This is the one I use. NoMachine NX - Download: NX Client for Linux

Quote Originally Posted by please_try_again View Post
    In this case, I would say it is a client problem, not a server problem... or something wrong in your /etc/nxserver/node.conf - this would be easy to check.
    Are you using the NoMachine Client? This is the one I use. NoMachine NX - Download: NX Client for Linux
    It is not the client. I have other NX servers set up & they work fine with this client. This didn't start happening until I upgraded from 11.3 to 11.4, so I'm wondering if it's something to do with the upgrade. I haven't modified the node.conf file at all.

Hmmm. That's possible. The reason why I compiled FreeNX is that I couldn't install it on a *fresh* 11.4 (I basically never update a system). I tried the version you installed first and another 0.7.3 compiled by someone else. Both failed to install because of a wrong dependency - Not sure, but I believe it was a lipjepg6/libjpeg62 problem. All I can tell is that on a fresh 11.4 install (actually 2 until now - a physical and a virtual machine), this FreeNX version is working fine (in KDE, Gnome, xdm login and rootless mode as well).

I did a fresh install & the problem still persists with either version of FreeNX. It is definitely a FreeNX problem.

Here's what I'm seeing:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast