Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11.4 Firefox 4 flash issue

Default 11.4 Firefox 4 flash issue

Issue on flash web pages, her are several examples.

This is what happens when you mouse over the flash content on almost any flash page. Makes the site almost unusable as menus and links are constantly disappearing.

What is should look like.

Several video sites have this issue. (random white space)

Spec:
    11.4 64bit
    Firefox 4.0.1
    Flash 10.2.159,1

Blog Entries

Smile Re: 11.4 Firefox 4 flash issue

So here is one suggestion obtained from another thread here:

Download new driver from: http://itsyourpc.org/bruce/files/libflashplayer.so (Thanks to brucecadieux) We assume it to go into your Downloads folder in your home area:

Using Terminal, Remove The Existing driver:

Code:
    sudo zypper rm pullin-flash-player flash-player nspluginwrapper
    Using Terminal Copy in new Driver:

Code:
    sudo cp ~/Downloads/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/
    Doing this works for me. Tried it on two copies of openSUSE 11.4 & FF 4.0 and one copy of openSUSE 11.3 and FF 4.0 and it worked like a charm.

I am testing flash here at a nVIDIA web site where you can enter a contest to win a PC using flash, till May 31st 2011:

http://www.geforce.com/#/Community/R...DriverD_Banner

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: 11.4 Firefox 4 flash issue

That is to funny, I just found this post in it original thread and had just finished proving it works.

I was about to quote it and declare the issue resolved.

Thanks all

Blog Entries

Smile Re: 11.4 Firefox 4 flash issue

That is to funny, I just found this post in it original thread and had just finished proving it works.

Thanks all
    So happy to hear of your success then. So far, it seems to be the only solution until a final product that works is posted.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

The fix Jdmcdaniel3 cited worked perfectly!!! ( I was having issues with videos inside of Google Reader, but if I opened the feed item, the video worked fine )

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by J100 View Post

Thanks all
    Do you have a link to this "original thread"?
    Last edited by Sasquatch_Inc; 01-May-2011 at 20:28. Reason: English is complicated

Blog Entries

Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

why was firefox 4 used as default browser with known flash issues? its not like opensuse had to go with version 4 over 3.6.16 which does not have issues.

my 32 bit virtual version of opensuse 11.4 does not have the issues but the 64 bit host version does; sorta a joke, isn't it? firefox seems to be going the way of I.E.;

Hi,
    I got the same problem too and tried your fix... does not work and no way to get flash working again.. removed flash-player, removed Firefox.. re install and still not working!
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) KDE 4.8.5, Laptop: KEYNUX Ymax I7, RAM 4GB, HD 120GB SSD (OS) + 500GB, 64-bits Quad-core Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, Video 17" nVidia GeForce GTX 285M

Quote Originally Posted by phiga View Post
    Hi,
    I got the same problem too and tried your fix... does not work and no way to get flash working again.. removed flash-player, removed Firefox.. re install and still not working!
    Well I fixed it by copying libflashplayer.so to ./mozilla/plugins/
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) KDE 4.8.5, Laptop: KEYNUX Ymax I7, RAM 4GB, HD 120GB SSD (OS) + 500GB, 64-bits Quad-core Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, Video 17" nVidia GeForce GTX 285M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast