How do I install the codec to get the following?

I want to run the following in Totem or Audacious. It’s a radio stream. Here’s the link…

LBC 97.3

The only trouble is it keeps saying I need the following codec MMSH needs to be installed. Any idea how I go about this? All other multimedia codecs are working fine.

This is on openSUSE 11.4 Gnome 2 32bit.

Thanks.

HI,
The real link url is: mmsh://mediasrv-sov.musicradio.com/LBC973?MSWMExt=.asf
Working fine with VLC.
For others: have you installed the package W32?

Not sure if it’s a codec issue (I checked and the source is WMA2) but rather of the protocol which is mmsh.

The stream can be played in vlc I think with no problem: open network stream / paste the link.

Maybe this can be a workaround for you and even maybe register the protocol in firefox.

Otherwise I guess you will need to try the gstreamer plugins from packman repo if they include what you need or not.

Same thing for audacious: PackMan :: Package details for audacious-plugins

I noticed in the list there is: audacious-plugins-transport-mms-2.5.0-1.pm.2.3.i586.rpm which might be the one that you need.

Cheers and good luck.

PS
Usually the packman repo is what everybody reccomends for multimedia and no mixing of packman and vlc repos to avoid packages conflicts.

Other resources:
MultiMedia Checker or mmcheck - Check Your openSUSE MultiMedia Setup in Just 16 Steps

Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide

The last seems not to be updated for 11.4

I can’t seem to install VLC for some reason, something about a conflict with phonon backend. Any ideas on that one. I’m quite happy to use VLC for it.

And yes I have all the codecs from the one click install downloaded. Which does include w32codecs.

I appear to have found a solution in SMPlayer. I have to say it’s quite impressive, it has taken everything I have thrown at it, just like VLC did in Ubuntu. Having come over from the disaster that was Ubuntu 11.04 I have to say I have never heard of SMPlayer. I do like it though very polished.

I like smplayer also but if you still want vlc you need to add the Videolan repository or your can install it from the one click on this
page.

VideoLAN - VLC media player for openSUSE

SMplayer is actually a front-end to mplayer, an interface that gives easy access to most common and important settings of mplayer, so basically if mplayer will work on the specific file, smplayer will work too.

You will find more info on its websiteand the wiki.

Cheers.