Libreoffice 3.3.2 doesn't start

Hi
I’m using opensuse 11.4 kde 4.6. When I (try) to start libreoffice, splash window appears but program doesn’t start. When I launch it from console as normal user i don get any clue, but as root user i got this:

LibreOffice(9632): Session bus not found 
To circumvent this problem try the following command (with Linux and bash) 
export $(dbus-launch) 

I run “export $(dbus-launch)” and libreoffice works, but only launching it as root user.

I searched, but I didn’t find something about this

You know, I have precisely the same symptoms, same install. I’ve been digging all over the net, it appears this problem is cropping up for a number of people on several distros over a range of time since Libre’s release, so it appears to be an LibreOffice issue. I can’t identify what could be triggering this, it was apparent the same day of a fresh virgin installation. About the only thing I would point out is we run in a semi-secure environment so there’s no ‘auto-logins’, or root email being sent to a user(which appears to be the default install procedure). I wonder if that’s related?

It’s very frustrating. I’ve tried any applicable ‘fixed it!’ scenarios I’ve found and none of them work. I’ve been ensuring any patches are installed, and so far, nothing. The most worrisome issue is that afaict, the Libreoffice people don’t seem to acknowledge it as a problem yet. They tend to throw it out to user error. :-/

Cheers,

JC

Hi
I had exactly the same problem. Libre office doesn’t start anymore and also a new installation doesn’t change that. I tried a lot and finally found a solution.

- Deinstall Libreoffice (with Yast, for example)
 - go to your home directory and rename or delete the .libreoffice directory with the config files
 - Reinstall Libreoffice

Now it works until the config files are broken again…

How odd! Of course I had tried deleting $HOME/.libreoffice and it made no difference. Are you suggesting that having it un-installed is necessary? Having trouble understanding how that could affect things. This is the first time I have ever used LibreOffice on linux, so I didn’t have any old config files lying around.

Hmmm

J.C.

P.S. Yeah, tried it, didn’t work. I don’t think uninstalling makes any difference either way. I do know deleting that works for some people out there, though.

On 2011-06-08 18:36, JColdrick wrote:

> P.S. Yeah, tried it, didn’t work. I don’t think uninstalling makes any
> difference either way. I do know deleting that works for some people
> out there, though.

Try with a new user.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

Same problem here. I just did a fresh install of Kubu 11.10 on my Asus 1015 pem 2gb ram 320hhd dual core, 1.5ghz (graphic chip … Intel… maybe…can’t be sure) and reported the following faults:

• SystemSettings after two days of smooth run can’t be open got following error in T:

alan326@alan326-1015PEM:~$ systemsettings
systemsettings(2346): Communication problem with “systemsettings” , it probably crashed.
Error message was: “org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply” : " “Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)” "

• Libre office opens when it wants. I get this in Terminal:

alan326@alan326-1015PEM:~$ libreoffice
Bus error
alan326@alan326-1015PEM:~$

• Also pressing CTRL + ALT + T doesn’t open T with my 11.10.

Any thought?

On 2011-12-06 17:46, alan326 wrote:
>
> Same problem here. I just did a fresh install of Kubu 11.10 on my Asus

> - Also pressing CTRL + ALT + T doesn’t open T with my 11.10.
>
> Any thought?

Kubu? 11.10? Is that Kubuntu? This is an openSUSE forum, ask the kubuntu
people.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

I had still the same issue on OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 with LibreOffice 5. I tried all, removing the .config-Folder, uninstalling and reinstalling LibreOffice, even renaming my home-folder and creating a new one by logging in again. Nothing did help.

**My solution: I’ve opened the User and Groups Management in YaST and changed the User ID (UID) from the default of 1000 to 1010. **This brought LibreOffice to start up again.

Strange, but LibreOffice seams to “check” this UID and blocking it in some cases - for what reason ever…