Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exiting Adobe Flash's fullscreen screws up display. Only restart fixes it.

Default Exiting Adobe Flash's fullscreen screws up display. Only restart fixes it.

Recently, since some update to the latest Flash, I've been getting a weird issue. If I'm watching a flash video in fullscreen (via firefox) and hit "esc" to leave full screen, about 20-40% of the time it will screw up the monitor's display of everything. The entire screen gets weird white and colored pixels randomply all over the screen (see the attached picture).

Restarting is the only thing that fixes this. I tried logging out and back in but the issue remains.

I have two questions:

1. How do I fix this without a restart?
    2. What could be causing this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Exiting Adobe Flash's fullscreen screws up display. Only restart fixes it.

Hi Friend,

I know this seems a stupid question.
    But you know the player controls to exit full screen,... if you use that does this happen?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Default Re: Exiting Adobe Flash's fullscreen screws up display. Only restart fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Restarting is the only thing that fixes this. I tried logging out and back in but the issue remains.

I have two questions:

1. How do I fix this without a restart?
    2. What could be causing this?
    Don't know what the cause might be, but have you tried logging out of your session rather than rebooting?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chief_sealth View Post
    Don't know what the cause might be, but have you tried logging out of your session rather than rebooting?
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Quote Originally Posted by chief_sealth View Post
    I don't mean to sound mean but why didn't you read my post?

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Are you laughing at me? As I stated in my original post:

Blog Entries

Are you laughing at me? As I stated in my original post:
    No

Just at @ chief_sealth

Wasn't meant to be take as a personal affront by any one.What about the question I asked?
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    No

Just at @ chief_sealth

Wasn't meant to be take as a personal affront by any one.What about the question I asked?
    OK, no prob. Sorry to be a bit touchy there.

It only starting happening in the last week or so (although I don't watch a ton of videos full screen, so it's a small sample size) but I believe I did press the button one of the times to undo full screen and it still happened, but not 100% certain. I'll have to try that again (at the end of the day as it's not very good for efficiency during the day ) to see what happens. The problem is that it's not 100% occurrence even with "esc." It only happens sometimes.

Blog Entries

You could try rolling the flash update back
    or are you using fix as here
    Firefox on openSUSE 11.4 plays film clips badly
    Leap 15.1_KDE

I don't mean to sound mean but why didn't you read my post?
    I read it twice, and somehow I missed that. Sorry!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast