Unable to change status on repositories

Hello,

After I upgraded from KDE 4.5 to KDE 4.6 I ran into a problem with changing the the status of different repoes from enabled to disabled, and vice versa. As I only did a desktop upgrade it is perhaps just a coincidence and hence the problem may be related to something different. But in any case, if I tick or untick the ‘enable’ or ‘disable’ option within the Yast module Software Repositories for the repo I wish to activate or deactivate, nothing happens. Deleting and readding the repoes has no effect, neither has rebuilding the rpm db or zypper refresh. I’m not very familiar with the command-line for these operations so I am grateful if anyone could give me a hint on what to try next.

Thanks,
Olav

• disable
zypper mr -d *yourrepo*

• enable
zypper mr -e *yourrepo*

Thanks a lot, I’ll try that tomorrow, too tired now.

Cheers

That worked fine. Do you have any idea why the Yast module is incapable to do this no more?

I don’t know. I always use zypper to enable/disable repos. That could be a bug in YaST then. (?)

please try again wrote:

>
> F_Sauce;2329009 Wrote:
>> That worked fine. Do you have any idea why the Yast module is incapable
>> to do this no more?
>
> I don’t know. I always use zypper to enable/disable repos. That could
> be a bug in YaST then. (?)
>
It works with yast in 11.3, I quickly checked it (which I also upgraded some
time ago from KDE 4.4 to 4.5 to 4.6), so if it is a bug it seems to be 11.2
specific or something else is in addition different which affects it (I
guess that 11.2 from F_Sauce’s footer is the system we speak about).

PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.2 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram

Sorry for late response!

Yes it is 11.2 and KDE 4.6. It has always worked here as well and I thought it a bit strange that it should be related to the KDE upgrade, but that is when it occured. Yast is quite capable of adding and deleting repos but not to modify them it seems.

Thanks