Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: um i need this to compile some code

  1. #1

    Default um i need this to compile some code

    I am trying to build the java gnome gtk+ bindings on open suse and ran into a snag. the libcairo2-dev package is not apart of pensuse - how ever it is apart of ubuntu and the debian launchpad. can i install other distros repos to solve this issue? actually no i cant....****...um can some one tell me how to install this package?

    zypper install libcairo2-dev comes back as not found.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    2,919

    Default Απ: um i need this to compile some code

    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  3. #3

    Default Re: Απ: um i need this to compile some code

    um no What I need is the libcairo2-dev package. no other variation will work. Why doesnt open suse have this package? the links you gave me are to debian based packages and you cant install .deb files on opensuse

  4. #4

    Default Re: Απ: um i need this to compile some code

    i should be able to build and compile this on opensuse but it seems they dont support these files. any suggestions?

    there is a libcairo2 installed on gnome but there is no libcairo2-dev

    Suggestions?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,654

    Default Re: um i need this to compile some code

    adrienk wrote:

    >
    > I am trying to build the java gnome gtk+ bindings on open suse and ran
    > into a snag. the libcairo2-dev package is not apart of pensuse - how
    > ever it is apart of ubuntu and the debian launchpad. can i install other
    > distros repos to solve this issue? actually no i cant....****...um can
    > some one tell me how to install this package?
    >
    > zypper install libcairo2-dev comes back as not found.
    >

    Of course this is a debian package name, the name of that package in
    openSUSE is simply libcairo-devel

    --
    PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.1 | GeForce
    9600 GT | 4GB Ram
    Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
    ION | 3GB Ram

  6. #6

    Default Re: Απ: um i need this to compile some code

    this is really sad. I had to compile the .jar file on my ubuntu virtual box and then bring that over. Thats really pathetic.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,654

    Default Re: um i need this to compile some code

    martin_helm wrote:

    > Of course this is a debian package name, the name of that package in
    > openSUSE is simply libcairo-devel
    >

    Sorry typo:
    cairo-devel not libcairo-devel

    --
    PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.1 | GeForce
    9600 GT | 4GB Ram
    Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
    ION | 3GB Ram

  8. #8

    Default Re: um i need this to compile some code

    oh...wow...i feel dumb

  9. #9

    Default Re: um i need this to compile some code

    what about...FIXME?
    I apparently need it for this code to compile and it doesnt exist.

    is apparently apart of the GTK Sourceview

    - GtkSourceView not found!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,654

    Default Re: um i need this to compile some code

    adrienk wrote:

    >
    > what about...FIXME?
    > I apparently need it for this code to compile and it doesnt exist.
    >
    > is apparently apart of the GTK Sourceview
    >
    > - GtkSourceView not found!
    >

    This is obviously a error in the configure script.
    I guess the programmer who made it does not know how the package is called
    in opensuse and put FIXME into it.

    You will need gtksourceview-devel (I would say).
    If there is more like this just put the name in lowercase and add -devel to
    it (this is in most cases correct).

    --
    PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.1 | GeForce
    9600 GT | 4GB Ram
    Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
    ION | 3GB Ram

Similar Threads

  1. Compile source code
    By fng_the_greek in forum Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-Jul-2008, 07:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •