Startup window firefox 4.0

I recently upgraded to opensuse 11.4 and to firefox 4.0. At the same time I installed the Nvidia driver 270.30Beta for my GeForce 8600GS graphics card. All works fine. However, I find it increasingly annoying that Firefox opens with a narrow window instead of a window on the full screen. I cannot find an option in "Preferences’ to change that, nor in about:config.

gm40 wrote:

>
> I recently upgraded to opensuse 11.4 and to firefox 4.0. At the same
> time I installed the Nvidia driver 270.30Beta for my GeForce 8600GS
> graphics card. All works fine. However, I find it increasingly annoying
> that Firefox opens with a narrow window instead of a window on the full
> screen. I cannot find an option in "Preferences’ to change that, nor in
> about:config.

Open Firefox, right click on the title bar, choose Advanced, and then
Special window Settings. Is anything out of the ordinary there?

Don

Thanks, drab,
Yes, I playted around with the settings there, also using Alt+F3 and nothing seems to work.

Doesn’t firefox remember the size of its window? It does for me. It doesn’t remember the position, but it remembers the size.

If you are using the same home directory on several computers (shared over the network), then that might confuse things.

Drab set me on the right track."Open Firefox, right click on the title bar, choose Advanced, and then
Special window Settings. " here I set:
Size ‘remember’
Fullscreen ‘Force’
That worked. Thanks a lot again. Paticularly as I also learnt about ‘about:config’ (use it cautiously!!)

Did you mean the first time it opened in a half-screen width but in full screen-height and then always opened the same way no matter if you maximized it? This happened to openSUSE, I think, 2 versions back or so. What I do after each install is to drag the top right corner of Firefox window down to whatever size, and then click maximize. It always rememberes the maximized size after this.