Thread: Swat and Man Pages with SuSE 11.0

glennt99 NNTP User

Default Swat and Man Pages with SuSE 11.0

Good day, I am posting this note here in the hope that it may help others that encounter a similar problem.

When using SWAT to configure the Samba shares through the web browser, none of the help links appeared to work. Following a note on a similar issue with SuSE 10.0, I installed the latest samba-doc rpm file matching the SuSE 11.0 samba installation (3.2.0rc1-22.1-1795-SUSE-SL11.0).

After installing the samba documents package, I still had to create symlinks from the /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/htmldocs directory to the swat help directory (/usr/share/samba/swat/help)

This is not a big issue may not be obvious.

To create the symlinks, use the following commands:-

ln -s /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/htmldocs/manpages /usr/share/samba/swat/help
    ln -s /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/htmldocs/using_samba /usr/share/samba/swat/help
    ln -s /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/htmldocs/index.html /usr/share/samba/swat/help
    ln -s /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/htmldocs/manpages.html /usr/share/samba/swat/help

I now have the help files visible from the SWAT page and find it useful for tuning parameters.

Hope this is of some help to others.

Glenn

Default Re: Swat and Man Pages with SuSE 11.0

Thanks for the post! I encountered the very same problem, and inserting the symlinks you suggested cured it. This ought to be considered a bug, and it should be easy for the maintainers to patch. I wonder why they haven't already done that.

wonder if your suggestion would work in 11.4? Problem still there.

installed samba-doc and it works as advertised