Thread: gPodder 2.14 problems

Default gPodder 2.14 problems

Since Amarok 2--among it's many, many issues--cannot handle copying podcasts to my iPod 5, I've turned to Gnome's gPodder despite my preference for KDE apps.

gPodder worked excellently until yesterday when with each podcast's refresh attempt I get a failure message that "global name 'keymap' is not defined"

I've been using gPodder 2.14 since my upgrade of SuSE 11.3 to 11.4 (and maybe under 11.3; I don't recall). It had been working fine (and fine with 11.3). I tried updating it, and was told that "nothing provides python-pymad needed by gpodder-2.14-0.pm.1.1.noarch", which is the first indication I've had that something was missing (as I said, it had worked). So I deleted it, switched to the new Packman repository, and reinstalled. Same warning on python-pymad, same "global name 'keymap' is not defined" error.

Any ideas? Fixes? What is and where is python-pymad? Could that be the issue, but if so why did it run fine up till now?

Default Re: gPodder 2.14 problems

As I posted on the gpodder bugs page:

Problem is not gpodder (or python-pymad), but python-feedparser package. Having quickly looked into this further, it seems to be related to:

"python-feedparser" package 4.1-6.3.1 (5th April 2011 build)

uninstall this and revert back to version 4.1-5.1

I'm not sure if this version is in the openSUSE 11.4 repos, as I'm still running 11.3 here at the minute. There may be a newer version, but I don't have time to check.

This should solve your problem.

HTH,
    Rich

Thanks, Richard (and Thomas on the gPodder list). That fixed it.

The python-feedparser that openSuSE 11.4 installs is called
    python-feedparser-4.1-9.10.1.noarch built Thu 07 Apr 2011 11:14:41 AM EDT.
    Maybe that correlates to something, but it doesn't fit the versioning you describe.

Anyway I uninstalled this python-feedparser via YaST2 (forcing break dependencies). I found
    python-feedparser-4.1-5.1.noarch.rpm but was unable to force installing it:

# rpm --install --force python-feedparser-4.1-5.1.noarch.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
    python = 2.6 is needed by python-feedparser-4.1-5.1.noarch
    python(abi) = 2.6 is needed by python-feedparser-4.1-5.1.noarch

python 2.7 something is installed. (Sigh, maybe I will switch to Unbunto.)

Anyway, I downloaded feedparser-5.0.1.tar.gz and installed that. I ran gPodder
    2.14. My podcast podcast updated and I was able to download new episodes.

For anyone having similar issues, see https://bugs.gpodder.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1327

I have gpodder 2.13 and python--mygpoclient 1.51 installed with python-feedparser 4.1-9.10.1 noarch installed on 11.4, and apart from breaking the dependencies, because python-pymad was not available, gpodder is working well.
    openSUSE Leap + KDE

Default Re: gPodder 2.14 problems as well as 2.13

Apparently, when I ran YasT security updates/patches I also updated python-feedparser as well. However, this weekend, I had no clue as to why gpodder quit downloading my pod casts. Today I verified that I was the only one having a problem so it had to be something on my end. just as a test I deleted my subscriptions and when I attempted to re-subscribe I got the error 'keymap' is not defined.

A key word search for 'keymap' is not defined, brought me your your Q&A's THANK YOU !!

Down grading python-feedparser 4.1-2.3.1 to python-feedparser 4.1-2.1 solved my problem.
    Thank you
    openSUSE 11.2 gPodder 2.13

Quote Originally Posted by johnthad View Post
    Thanks, Richard (and Thomas on the gPodder list). That fixed it.

The python-feedparser that openSuSE 11.4 installs is called
    python-feedparser-4.1-9.10.1.noarch built Thu 07 Apr 2011 11:14:41 AM EDT.
    Maybe that correlates to something, but it doesn't fit the versioning you describe.

Anyway I uninstalled this python-feedparser via YaST2 (forcing break dependencies). I found
    python-feedparser-4.1-5.1.noarch.rpm but was unable to force installing it:

# rpm --install --force python-feedparser-4.1-5.1.noarch.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
    python = 2.6 is needed by python-feedparser-4.1-5.1.noarch
    python(abi) = 2.6 is needed by python-feedparser-4.1-5.1.noarch

python 2.7 something is installed. (Sigh, maybe I will switch to Unbunto.)

Anyway, I downloaded feedparser-5.0.1.tar.gz and installed that. I ran gPodder
    2.14. My podcast podcast updated and I was able to download new episodes.

Hi,

This solution worked for me on Open Suse 11.4

I uninstalled python-feedparser breaking the gpodder dependency, downloaded feedparser-5.0.1.tar.gz from feedparser-5.0.1.tar.gz - feedparser - feedparser-5.0.1.tar.gz - Universal Feed Parser - Google Project Hosting

I installed it as root.

gPodder now works without keymap errors that were occurring on some of my feeds.

Thanks.