Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

  1. #1

    Default Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    I installed audacity but it doesn't import mp3's. I even reinstalled the version from the packman repository but still no mp3 support. Tried to update it, can't figure out how to get it to play mp3's.

    I am just looking for a media player I can open mp3's in, change the pitch and then export again.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Απ: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    Could you say us the version of your openSUSE and your GUI.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  3. #3

    Default Re: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    Hm I put 11.4 in the tag but it didn't show up. Gnome.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Re: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    You need to install lame in order to make audacity export files as .mp3

    Best regards,
    Greg
    Best regards,
    Greg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Απ: Re: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    Sorry because I have not Gnome as my graphical interface, Totem does not support mp3 files?
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Re: Απ: Re: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    Quote Originally Posted by stamostolias View Post
    Sorry because I have not Gnome as my graphical interface, Totem does not support mp3 files?
    Yes it does support mp3 files if You have the right codecs but the way I understand the OP he want's to modify the mp3 files and as far as I know Totem does not allow for adjusting the volume in an mp3 file and saving it with the new settings.

    Best regards,
    Greg
    Best regards,
    Greg

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Απ: Re: Απ: Re: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    Quote Originally Posted by glistwan View Post
    Yes it does support mp3 files if You have the right codecs but the way I understand the OP he want's to modify the mp3 files and as far as I know Totem does not allow for adjusting the volume in an mp3 file and saving it with the new settings.

    Best regards,
    Greg
    These codecs you must download if you download packman repo.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  8. #8

    Default Re: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    Quote Originally Posted by creighton1 View Post
    I installed audacity but it doesn't import mp3's. I even reinstalled the version from the packman repository but still no mp3 support. Tried to update it, can't figure out how to get it to play mp3's.

    I am just looking for a media player I can open mp3's in, change the pitch and then export again.

    Thanks
    mixxx allows you to manipulate the pitch and record the output of your personal mixes for future playback...

    not *exactly* what you're looking for, but a step in the right direction...

    i haven't done a zypper search or webpin search for it, but here's the official link:

    Mixxx | Free Digital DJ Software

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    11,731
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Απ: Re: Απ: Re: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    Quote Originally Posted by stamostolias View Post
    These codecs you must download if you download packman repo.
    This doesn't say anything. Did you leave something out?
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Απ: Re: Απ: Re: Απ: Re: Please recommend an mp3 player with pitch shift capability

    Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    This doesn't say anything. Did you leave something out?
    Maybe, because as I know in KDE the codec of mp3 is given with packman repo. About Gnome I do not know how operates and if needs packman to processes mp3 files. So I ask here to learn more about Gnome.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •