Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: noob needs help!

Default noob needs help!

Ok so i just downloaded the install dvd of opensuse 11.4 using the bittorrent link and the download file showed up in my downloads folder as a file not an iso. I have tried using 3 different iso creators and had no luck. Can someone give me a step by step guide for morons please!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: noob needs help!

Ok so i just downloaded the install dvd of opensuse 11.4 using the bittorrent link and the download file showed up in my downloads folder as a file not an iso. I have tried using 3 different iso creators and had no luck. Can someone give me a step by step guide for morons please!
    So the downloaded file should end with .iso and you could rename your file to *.iso. Can you tell us if you downloaded the 32 or 64 bit version? Here are the two DVD names:

openSUSE-11.4-DVD-x86_64.iso

and

openSUSE-11.4-DVD-i586.iso

If you feel the files might be corrupted or if you have any problems at all using them to install with, I think you may need to download them again.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: noob needs help!

openSUSE-11.4-DVD-x86_64.iso. but it isnt an iso that is just the folders name.
    that is the end result of the torrent so how do i make that an iso?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: noob needs help!

Based on the name you posted, it looks like you downloaded a picture from the openSUSE download web page. Perhaps one of the images you see there, but not the actual iso file and so this is why you are having a problem. I suggest you need to try again. Here is the link you can use:

software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 11.4

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re : Re: noob needs help!

Hi,

You cannot post a link of your local folder. Instead, use SUSE Paste and select Image file as type of paste.

Once you downloaded the .torrent file, you now need a torrent client to open this file and start downloading the ISO file. If you are in windows, download and use this torrent client : BitTorrent

that is where i downloaded it from to begin with. I am not computer literate enough to turn the folder i downloaded into an iso i guess is what i am trying to say.

Blog Entries

What's inside the folder? I think you'll probably find the ISO file inside. There may also be a checksum file. Yes it's confusing when the name of the folder that the torrent downloads also ends with .iso.

openSUSE-11.4-DVD-x86_64.iso is the name of the folder in my documents and in it is a bunch of other files.

Default Re : Re: noob needs help!

So,

List the name of all the files please.

Default Re: Re : Re: noob needs help!

ok that might take time

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast