Thread: Changing GTK and icon theme in Gnome3?

Default Changing GTK and icon theme in Gnome3?

I'm slowly getting used to Gnome 3 and trying to give it a chance. After a few oddities (like it swallowing my Gnome Shell and Tilda invocations because I use Super in them) then I think I'm slowly getting used to it. There are still some things I miss from Compiz, but it has potential and I like some bits (the notifications and dialogs).

I don't know what got upgraded, but my themes seemed to be working before yet today I've got the default Sonar rather than my darker Sonar theme with a fixed Chromium style. I've managed to change the titlebar theme, but I can't change the GTK theme or the icon theme.

Running "gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface icon-theme" reports "Tango-green", but I still have the default icon theme and using Appearances only partially works.

Running "gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme" reports "SonarLighter" (the menu bar is lighter to match the Uniq theme) but I'm definitely seeing Sonar.

I've tried gnome-tweak-tool from someone's OBS, but various dependencies seem to be missing (first it bails with the wrong GI version, then I updated some other bits and tried again, but even after switching a dozen or more packages then it never started).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Default Re: Changing GTK and icon theme in Gnome3?

Odd. I tried logging in and out yesterday, and restarting Gnome-Shell but nothing fixed it. Today I booted up and it is fine. Obviously something was cached somewhere that meant it wasn't paying attention to my changes as quickly as Gnome2 did.