Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: New Version of Pan

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    i am location
    Posts
    1,421

    Exclamation New Version of Pan

    Hi, i am not sure if it is already in the repositories, but if not you can download a new version of Pan from here.

    Pan - A GNOME Newsreader

    It has a lot of bugfixes from 2 years back and it runs much more stable.
    Especially under KDE.

    Version is 0.134

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,043

    Default Re: New Version of Pan

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 04:06:01 +0000, JoergJaeger wrote:

    > Hi, i am not sure if it is already in the repositories, but if not you
    > can download a new version of Pan from here.
    >
    > 'Pan - A GNOME Newsreader' (http://pan.rebelbase.com/)
    >
    > It has a lot of bugfixes from 2 years back and it runs much more stable.
    > Especially under KDE.
    >
    > Version is 0.134


    Yep, I'd noticed the updated version on the pan-users mailing list, and
    have been thinking about pinging the maintainer for openSUSE about
    updating to the new code, if I could figure out who maintains it. Looks
    like the packager is listed as http://bugs.opensuse.org (on 11.2 in any
    event) so maybe just enter a bug there asking that it be updated.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,488
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: New Version of Pan

    On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 04:38 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
    > On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 04:06:01 +0000, JoergJaeger wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, i am not sure if it is already in the repositories, but if not you
    > > can download a new version of Pan from here.
    > >
    > > 'Pan - A GNOME Newsreader' (http://pan.rebelbase.com/)
    > >
    > > It has a lot of bugfixes from 2 years back and it runs much more stable..
    > > Especially under KDE.
    > >
    > > Version is 0.134

    >
    > Yep, I'd noticed the updated version on the pan-users mailing list, and
    > have been thinking about pinging the maintainer for openSUSE about
    > updating to the new code, if I could figure out who maintains it. Looks
    > like the packager is listed as http://bugs.opensuse.org (on 11.2 in any
    > event) so maybe just enter a bug there asking that it be updated.
    >
    > Jim

    Hi
    Check the changelog? Factory is at 0.134 for 6 weeks...

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.29-0.3-default
    up 1 day 12:40, 2 users, load average: 1.52, 1.63, 1.44
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 260.19.26


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,043

    Default Re: New Version of Pan

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 04:45:41 +0000, malcolmlewis wrote:

    > Hi
    > Check the changelog? Factory is at 0.134 for 6 weeks...


    D'oh!

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    i am location
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: New Version of Pan

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 04:38 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
    > On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 04:06:01 +0000, JoergJaeger wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, i am not sure if it is already in the repositories, but if not you
    > > can download a new version of Pan from here.
    > >
    > > 'Pan - A GNOME Newsreader' (Pan - A GNOME Newsreader)
    > >
    > > It has a lot of bugfixes from 2 years back and it runs much more stable..
    > > Especially under KDE.
    > >
    > > Version is 0.134

    >
    > Yep, I'd noticed the updated version on the pan-users mailing list, and
    > have been thinking about pinging the maintainer for openSUSE about
    > updating to the new code, if I could figure out who maintains it. Looks
    > like the packager is listed as openSUSE:Submitting bug reports - openSUSE (on 11.2 in any
    > event) so maybe just enter a bug there asking that it be updated.
    >
    > Jim

    Hi
    Check the changelog? Factory is at 0.134 for 6 weeks...

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.29-0.3-default
    up 1 day 12:40, 2 users, load average: 1.52, 1.63, 1.44
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 260.19.26
    This is good news indeed for everyone.

    I compiled it since i could not find it at the time. Its been awhile and i posted it in case someone might use it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •