Thread: After upgrade KDE to 4.6.1, can't start X with setid of Xorg error

Exclamation After upgrade KDE to 4.6.1, can't start X with setid of Xorg error

Hi,

My system is openSUSE 11.4 x86_64, and I installed Nvidia driver.

After I upgraded KDE from 4.6.0 to 4.6.1 from Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/46/openSUSE_11.4 repository, I logouted and want to login again, but always stay at login interface.

Then, I login to consle, and run startx, I got some error message, one of which is about setid of /usr/bin/Xorg .

Finally, I downgrade the kde to 4.6.0, then now I can login KDE environment.

Default Re: After upgrade KDE to 4.6.1, can't start X with setid of Xorg error

I had the same with openSUSE 11.4 x86_64, and ATI fglx Driver.

Lightbulb Re: After upgrade KDE to 4.6.1, can't start X with setid of Xorg error

Quote Originally Posted by gallochri View Post
    I had the same with openSUSE 11.4 x86_64, and ATI fglx Driver.
    openSUSE starter: EXPERIMENTAL AREA - for experts only check the first instruction from this page, enough to "rechoose" session type
    I am daddy, u r son - I am now and u r gone!! [MC Hammer - They put me in the mix]

Oh, thanks, I will try it later!

Solved! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mieszkaniec_lasu View Post
    openSUSE starter: EXPERIMENTAL AREA - for experts only check the first instruction from this page, enough to "rechoose" session type
    thanks a lot dude