Thread: What is 'alonadi_contact'?? Found them almost flood my system process.

Default What is 'alonadi_contact'?? Found them almost flood my system process.

Found almost 30 of 'akonadi_contact' process in my System Monitor > Process Table,each using 3MB of memory. Is it neccesary? Any defect to system?

Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

Default Re: What is 'alonadi_contact'?? Found them almost flood my system process.

They are KDE Addressbook resources. I found my recent openSUSE-11.4 installs created 5 or 6 of them.

You can eliminate the excess ones by running akonadiconsole (use Alt+F2 to quickly launch it).

From the Agents Tab, highlight each Personal Contacts in turn, noting the akonadi_contacts_resource_? number, and press the Remove button for all of them except akonadi_contacts_resource_0.

When you next login to KDE you should only have akonadi_contacts_resource_0 running.

Regards,
    Neil Darlow
    Registered Linux user #122512. Desktop Linux user for 17 years.
    Asus Eee 900: 900MHz Celeron, 1GB RAM, 12GB SSD, 915GM, openSUSE-current+Tumbleweed
    Home-built Desktop: Athlon II X2 3.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB SATA, GeForce G210, openSUSE-12.1-x86_64, KDE-4.7.2

Default Re: What is 'alonadi_contact'?? Found them almost flood my system process.

Quote Originally Posted by neildarlow View Post
    They are KDE Addressbook resources. I found my recent openSUSE-11.4 installs created 5 or 6 of them.

You can eliminate the excess ones by running akonadiconsole (use Alt+F2 to quickly launch it).

From the Agents Tab, highlight each Personal Contacts in turn, noting the akonadi_contacts_resource_? number, and press the Remove button for all of them except akonadi_contacts_resource_0.

When you next login to KDE you should only have akonadi_contacts_resource_0 running.

Regards,
    Neil Darlow
    Thanks bro
    I've remove all of them except akonadi_contacts_resource_0,and I think these akonadi process might be the cause of my over heat harddisk,coz the harddisk never get overheat after I remove these akonadi stuff.
    Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

Neil, you are awesome!!!
    I had the same problem. I had 47 of "alonadi_contact" running at 18.5MB a piece. I was wondering what the lag was when I started up KDE.

I have reported this as bnc#686183

Regards,
    Neil Darlow
    Registered Linux user #122512. Desktop Linux user for 17 years.
    Asus Eee 900: 900MHz Celeron, 1GB RAM, 12GB SSD, 915GM, openSUSE-current+Tumbleweed
    Home-built Desktop: Athlon II X2 3.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB SATA, GeForce G210, openSUSE-12.1-x86_64, KDE-4.7.2