Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Packman switch to LibAV

Blog Entries

Default Re: Packman switch to LibAV

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter1979 View Post
    Currently trying a video file that already has AC3 sound.
    OK I thought it had AC3 sound.. it doesn't.. Also no matter what I do I still do not have sound on DVD's created with DeVeDe. They play fine on my pc with VLC but not on the TV with a 'normal' DVD player.. Guess there's still something wrong with the encoder used by DeVeDe.
    "To err is human... to really foul up requires the root password."

Blog Entries

OK I thought it had AC3 sound.. it doesn't.. Also no matter what I do I still do not have sound on DVD's created with DeVeDe. They play fine on my pc with VLC but not on the TV with a 'normal' DVD player.. Guess there's still something wrong with the encoder used by DeVeDe.
    We are also tracking the issue on this thread:
    Kdenlive not rendering DVD

It may not be a compiler problem like I speculated, but rather an ffmpeg problem, where mencoder may (??) have adopted the same method, breaking many apps for ac3 ... Someone on the packman mailing list had this to say:
    FFmpeg's AC3 encoder was changed to expect float (instead of int16). The new encoder is faster on typical hardware (and at least not worse in quality). Toget the original behaviour, the programs have to open "ac3_fixed" instead of"ac3". (And yes, I know I've claimed in the past we do not break ABI,)
    Now I see the mlt developer is working on a fix (where mlt is called by kdenlive): www.dennedy.org Git - mltframework.org/mlt.git/commitdiff

For each DVD creation capable application if one wishes to use any of them, then likely one needs to check with each of the upstream development contact media (whether it be a forum or mailing list or simple email address) and ask the developer to confirm they will be updating their code calls to ffmpeg.

Blog Entries

For the time being, unfortunately, I'm booting to Mint 10 to do DVD's in devede
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    For the time being, unfortunately, I'm booting to Mint 10 to do DVD's in devede
    Think I might reinstall Mint 9 for this purpose.. Had it on a second hard drive for a few weeks until I realised I didn't use it at all.. It's a shame it doesn't work on 11.4 tho.. Was working fine on 11.3!

Blog Entries

Think I might reinstall Mint 9 for this purpose.. Had it on a second hard drive for a few weeks until I realised I didn't use it at all.. It's a shame it doesn't work on 11.4 tho.. Was working fine on 11.3!
    This problem has the potential to impact all Linux distributions (as it originates with the ffmpeg developers). So choose one's distribution version wisely and be careful as to the updates one does, as this is not an openSUSE specific problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    This problem has the potential to impact all Linux distributions (as it originates with the ffmpeg developers).
    Good point.. I'll have to find a different way of converting my avi files to DVD's for now..

Blog Entries

Just found a post on the DeVeDe forums from an user who fixed the DeVeDe problem by downgrading mplayer and x264. I've emailed the packman packager of these to see if he can provide me some for testing. Not really related to the topic but since we've been talking about DeVeDe here I thought I'd mention it

Blog Entries

Ok, no reply from the packager so I decided on a different approach. I found a nice thread by OldCPU about converting MST files which I addapted to create DVD's.. Made 2 shell scripts. 1 for 4:3 dvd's and one for 16:9 dvd's.. The resulting mpg's can than be made into a DVD with DEVEDE and burned.. it's a round about way but functional.. Now to raise a bug report with Devede about this..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234