Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installatie ubuntu 10.04 op de imac g4.

Default Installatie ubuntu 10.04 op de imac g4.

Ik wilde ubuntu 10.04 installeren op mijn oude imac g4.

Maar als ik boot krijg ik een geel scherm.
    wat moet ik doen?
    Imac 2011:
    Modelaanduiding: iMac12,1
    2.5 ghz intel core i5 (sandy)
    16 gb 1333 mhz ddr3.
    Videokaart: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 mb.

Default Re: Installatie ubuntu 10.04 op de imac g4.

openSUSE 11.4 installeren.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

I think it's an old PowerPC based machine, so it's no longer supported in openSUSE.

OP, you really should ask in an Ubuntu forum, this is an openSUSE forum. I remember getting it to work with some tricks to do with reserving a boot partition (the PPC bootloader is not GRUB based) but I nowhere near the PPC machine now. As I said, ask in the Ubuntu forums or search their wiki.

Blog Entries

"To err is human... to really foul up requires the root password."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    openSUSE 11.4 installeren.
    Kan volgens mij niet. Is niet geschikt voor een PPC..
    "To err is human... to really foul up requires the root password."

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter1979 View Post
    Deze heb ik al geprobeerd.
    Maar dan krijg ik zn geel scherm of orangje
    Imac 2011:
    Modelaanduiding: iMac12,1
    2.5 ghz intel core i5 (sandy)
    16 gb 1333 mhz ddr3.
    Videokaart: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 mb.

Quote Originally Posted by ken_yap View Post
    I think it's an old PowerPC based machine, so it's no longer supported in openSUSE.

OP, you really should ask in an Ubuntu forum, this is an openSUSE forum. I remember getting it to work with some tricks to do with reserving a boot partition (the PPC bootloader is not GRUB based) but I nowhere near the PPC machine now. As I said, ask in the Ubuntu forums or search their wiki.
    @ken_yap
    Your answer is appreciated as allways, but you may have missed the fact that this is the Dutch forums of the openSUSE forums. That means that the language is dutch here, for the benefit of those who prefer to communicate in dutch for whatever reason.

I have no doubt that when Dutch speaking people are able and willing to ask in the English part they will do that. When they do it here it is because they are not able and/or not willing to do that in Dutch, thus imho trying to answer in English is not very usefull for them.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

Well I figured that an answer in English was better than no correct answer at all. However if you prefer I'm happy to stay out of the way, it's no skin off my nose.

PS: I normally would not pay any attention to Dutch posts at all, but I happen to know that the G4 is a special case. The only distros that I know support it now are Debian, Ubuntu and Yellowdog. I suppose you could also roll your own with Gentoo. Fedora support ended with F12 and openSUSE support back in 10.3 or 11.0 or 11.1 I forget. Unfortunately if the power supply blows, it's not worth the trouble replacing, too expensive.

Also I found it weird that the OP asked a pure Ubuntu question here. Not common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ken_yap View Post
    Well I figured that an answer in English was better than no correct answer at all. However if you prefer I'm happy to stay out of the way, it's no skin off my nose.
    It is appreciated, do not take me wrong. But having a Dutch Forums does not only try to help non-english dutch speaking people, but it also tries to get them together (something that allready led to a nice openSUSE 11.4 release party). That means also that we know each other a little bit and that my advice to install openSUSE on his question about Ubuntu was allready hinting in the same direction as your answer (jesse2314, you are at the wrong place). And of course also teasing him

BTW if you can understand the Dutch question, try to answer in Dutch We will aprreciate that also.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

Well unfortunately my Dutch is rusty and I'm not planning any trips to Dutch speaking countries in the near future so there's no payoff for doing homework at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast