Thread: Kdeinit4/tracker-miner hogs CPU for ages after login

Default Kdeinit4/tracker-miner hogs CPU for ages after login

My configuration is OpenSuSE 11.4/KDE4/32bit.

I am noticing that for about 20 minutes (or more) after first login every time there is a process which takes 100% CPU for most of the time and, of course, slows everything down. The system monitor suggests it is the 'tracker-miner' process (whatever that is). Do I need the tracker-miner? What good does it do? Is there any way to stop it (not to start it)?

Would it make any difference if I switched to gnome?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kdeinit4/tracker-miner hogs CPU for ages after login

Quote Originally Posted by hnimmo View Post
    My configuration is OpenSuSE 11.4/KDE4/32bit.

I am noticing that for about 20 minutes (or more) after first login every time there is a process which takes 100% CPU for most of the time and, of course, slows everything down. The system monitor suggests it is the 'tracker-miner' process (whatever that is). Do I need the tracker-miner? What good does it do? Is there any way to stop it (not to start it)?

Would it make any difference if I switched to gnome?
    Please - one thread only per problem. I note you have a similar thread here: Slow startup after login

Default Re: Kdeinit4/tracker-miner hogs CPU for ages after login

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    Please - one thread only per problem. I note you have a similar thread here: Slow startup after login
    Yes, it is beginning to look like the same problem. Are you able to delete this thread? Sorry for the duplication.