Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kdenlive not rendering DVD

Default Kdenlive not rendering DVD

Having upgraded to from 11.3 to 11.4 I now am unable to render in KDENLIVE. I've installed MLT, FFMPEG and KDELIVE with dependencies from Packman.

What is different from my 11.3 install is MLT has moved up a notch. 0.5.10 to 0.6.2. Does 0.6.2 work with KDENLIVE 0.7.8? I would think it should.

I have see MLT 0.7.0 is released but will wait for the RPM to be released on Packman.

This is the message taken from terminal.
    //STARTING RENDERING: true , false , "/usr/bin/melt" , "dv_pal" , "avformat" , "-" , "/tmp/kde-allianux/kdenliveTR5078.mlt" , "/home/allianux/kdenlive/test-1.vob" , () , ("f=dvd", "vcodec=mpeg2video", "acodec=ac3", "b=5000k", "maxrate=8000k", "minrate=0", "bufsize=1835008", "mux_packet_s=2048", "mux_rate=10080000", "ab=192k", "ar=48000", "s=720x576", "g=15", "me_range=63", "trellis=1", "profile=dv_pal", "pass=1") , -1 , -1
    Started render process: "/usr/bin/melt" "/tmp/kde-allianux/kdenliveTR5078.mlt -profile dv_pal -consumer avformat:/home/allianux/kdenlive/test-1.vob progress=1 f=dvd vcodec=mpeg2video acodec=ac3 b=5000k maxrate=8000k minrate=0 bufsize=1835008 mux_packet_s=2048 mux_rate=10080000 ab=192k ar=48000 s=720x576 g=15 me_range=63 trellis=1 profile=dv_pal pass=1"
    Rendering of "/home/allianux/kdenlive/test-1.vob" aborted, resulting video will probably be corrupted.
    My captured video is in AVI 2 format, standard def.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kdenlive not rendering DVD

Don't use it at the moment.
    You could check in at #packman on IRC

In the mean time try devede or mandvd
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. DeVeDe and ManDVD make a DVD but sound is corrupt if encoded with AC3 or there's no sound at all (on a DVD player) without AC3.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15 | KDE 5 | Intel i-7500 | Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING | Asus EX-GTX1050TI-O4G nVidia
    Laptop Asus UL30A: openSUSE Leap 15 | KDE 5 | Intel SU7300

Kdenlive is still broken, I wonder if libAV (FFMPEG) is the culprit? I assume this is a Packman build issue as it worked well in Opensuse 11.3 before Packman did their reshuffle? I did not find the answer on #packman IRC

Blog Entries

You could add tumblweed packman, disable the main packman

Delete libav and install ffmpeg, you have to roll back a few packages to get it
    I did it because libav broke get_iplayer, which uses ffmpeg
    Now get_iplayer works

I locked all my packman stuff and made a copy of the tumbleweed repo to my local machine
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately the packman tumbleweed FFMPEG did not fix the Kdelive issue... however it did fix a few other issues as mentioned get_iplayer works again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by allianux View Post
    Having upgraded to from 11.3 to 11.4 I now am unable to render in KDENLIVE. I've installed MLT, FFMPEG and KDELIVE with dependencies from Packman.
    I think it much more helpful if those on this thread with a problem are more accurate their statements, as I find this statement misleading (and most the other posts misleading). I can not reproduce the noted problems.

I just finished rendering a video in 4 different output formats with KDEnlive (at 1280x720 resolution) : h264, xvid4, mpeg2 and mpeg4 output codes. Yes, 1280x720 is NOT DVD resolution, but its misleading to kdenlive fans if one does not continue to note that it is either a specific output video (or audio) input or output codec that is causing some problems (at least I assume that to be the case - BECAUSE I can NOT reproduce the problem). This 'just works' for me on a 64-bit openSUSE-11.4 KDE4 install (with the nominal stock KDE4 that comes with 11.4). ie Audio and video of the rendered video play back fine! (note I input an mp3 as my audio track as I do not keep my audio tracks in ac3 - once kdenlive has the audio track it converts it to the appropriate audio output format - for input I do NOT have any ac3 tracks (why would one keep a separate audio track in ac3 format ? ).

I then changed my settings to DVD PAL and outputed same video to output DVD format (in mpeg2). It also 'just works'. Audio and video playback fine. According to 'tovid id' this output is DVD compliant and would work if I were to burn it to a dvd.

So I can't reproduce the problem noted here-in this thread - but if I was to blindly read the thread and not do any testing I would be left thinking KDEnlive does not work at all in 11.4, and yet the contrary is the case. KDEnlive works for me and I can't reproduce the failure with the information provided.

My application versions:
    kdenlive-0.7.8-1.pm.1.1.x86_64
    libmlt3-0.6.2-1.pm.1.3.x86_64
    mlt-0.6.2-1.pm.1.3.x86_64
    libmlt++3-0.6.2-1.pm.1.3.x86_64
    Last edited by oldcpu; 10-Apr-2011 at 02:12.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    I think it much more helpful if those on this thread ....
    Looking back now this was a bit grumpy ... and apologies for that.

I understand some are frustrated here by problems - and I do believe they have legitimate problems and I am sorry to read of that.

I guess I need to qualify this better - that some of us rely on the accurate posts/assessments of others before we switch our main PCs to 11.4. And if I had not installed a test partition on my main PC and tested, I would have been totally scared away by the posts in this thread - when in fact KDEnlive is working well on my test partition of 11.4.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by linuxoidoz View Post
    Yes, I have exactly the same problem. DeVeDe and ManDVD make a DVD but sound is corrupt if encoded with AC3 or there's no sound at all (on a DVD player) without AC3.
    I do not have this ac3 problem with kdenlive.

I took an mp3 file, and I converted it to the ac3 format with microchip's audenc (44100 Hz stero, and bitrate of 192.0 kbps). I dragged it into kdenlive (version number per my above post). I rendered to DV/dVD PAL mpeg-2 8000K. Audio (and video) of the rendered kdenlive file played fine in smplayer. Nice !

So I tried - but I can not reproduce your problem. I am sorry to read you have this, but I have done nothing special other than limit my 64-bit openSUSE-11.4 (KDE) repositories to the nominal oss, non-oss, update and packman repositories.

Yes, I should have provided a little more detail. The problem is with rendering into .VOB (aspect 4:3 with 2-pass) format in Kdenlive 0.78. The rendering process simply does not start.
    When creating a DivX movie to play on a set top box (Panasonic) a small window effect is created and it is not full screen as it should be. I am confidant the problem is with FFMEG or a related lib but do not know how to show it other than my first terminal output in the first post.
    Kdenlive 0.7.8 works well with MLT 0.6.2 and there seem to be other multimedia apps affected which would suggest it to be a problem with a shared lib.
    Hope this explanation adds to the needed info to the first post?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast