Thread: xrdp trouble on openSUSE 11.4

Default xrdp trouble on openSUSE 11.4

Greetings. I am a Linux noob who is attempting to setup an openSUSE 11.4 vmWare server. I have been mostly successful so far, however I am having a little trouble in one area.

I am required to setup the server so that we can remote into it using Remote Desktop Connection from our Windows machines. I have been trying to accomplish this using xrdp, but am having a little trouble. Right now, I am able to load up the server and log in. However, after logging in, I get booted out of RDC. I am able to log back in, but all i see is a black screen. I have been driving myself mad the past few days trying to figure this out. If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: xrdp trouble on openSUSE 11.4

Quote Originally Posted by eoolsen View Post
    Greetings. I am a Linux noob who is attempting to setup an openSUSE 11.4 vmWare server. I have been mostly successful so far, however I am having a little trouble in one area.

I am required to setup the server so that we can remote into it using Remote Desktop Connection from our Windows machines. I have been trying to accomplish this using xrdp, but am having a little trouble. Right now, I am able to load up the server and log in. However, after logging in, I get booted out of RDC. I am able to log back in, but all i see is a black screen. I have been driving myself mad the past few days trying to figure this out. If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated.
    Typically for all remote desktop applications I've found that if you're able to logon but get a black screen the problem is likely due to a display issue.

Try
    Decreasing the screen resolution
    Decreasing color depth (particularly over a slow network connection)
    <Maybe> decrease screen refresh rates(naturally that will make screen drawing jerky) if possible

HTH,
    Tony