Thread: how to share notes between two suse install

Default how to share notes between two suse install

I have two suse installation, in one I placed on the dashboard a "note" (widget) with some notes, how can I share this notes in the other installation? where can I found the file to make a link ?

Default Re: how to share notes between two suse install

Do you use KDE? Do they share the same filesystem? Can you find the location of where the notes are stored and open them from either desktop.

I run Gnome & Tomboy. My notes are stored as a (hidden file) in my home folder for access.
    All the virtuous deeds and merit ... can be destroyed by just one moment of anger.

Quote Originally Posted by the_Dude_abides View Post
    Do you use KDE?
    yes 4.4.4 and 4.6.1
    Do they share the same filesystem?
    yes, two different partitions
    Can you find the location of where the notes are stored and open them from either desktop.
    I found in /home/pla/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc the same sentence in my note in this section:
    Code:
    [Containments][16][Applets][64][Configuration]
    Share=false
    autoFont=false
    autoSaveHtml=<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">\n<html><head><meta name="qrichtext" content="1" /><style type="text/css">\np, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }\n</style></head><body style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:9pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal;">\n<p style=" margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;"><span style=" color:#141312;">THIS IS THE NOTE I WANT SHARE</span></p>\n<p style=" margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;"><span style=" color:#141312;">libro per silvio=23,75 + 19.00=42,75</span></p></body></html>
    scrollValue=0
    I cannot share the entire document becouse there is a lot of settings I don't wanto to share, I would like to share only infos, in the CODE sectio "THIS IS THE NOTE I WANT SHARE"
    I run Gnome & Tomboy. My notes are stored as a (hidden file) in my home folder for access.
    MAYBE i CAN USE TOMBOY IN kde

Blog Entries

The date for the note is probably in "$HOME/.kde4/share/apps/knotes/". You could try using rsync to synchronize that directory on both systems. I'm not sure whether knote automatically starts or has to be manually started.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;