Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: oS-11.4: How to make a video DVD?

Default oS-11.4: How to make a video DVD?

Hi,

I think I've tried every single program to make a video DVD and nothing worked so far. I haven't done this since version 11.2 where I used ManDVD to make a DVD image from files and then burn it with K3B.

Now I've tried ManDVD - the video is fine, but the sound is absolute *** with AC3, but without AC3 I don't have sound on a DVD player. I tried ManDVD2, but it hangs. Tried DVDStyler, Kdenlive, DeVeDe, Handbrake - not a single one can make a a proper DVD.

I can encode any video file into anything, no problem - that is, ffmpeg and all work fine. But when it comes to a video DVD playable on a DVD player (I read it has to be an MPEG2 video with AC3 audio), I ran out of options. I also tried to encode a video file into MPEG2/AC3 and then play it on the player - No luck. Is it something to do with version 11.4?

Please suggest what else to use I can try. Thank you.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15 | KDE 5 | Intel i-7500 | Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING | Asus EX-GTX1050TI-O4G nVidia
    Laptop Asus UL30A: openSUSE Leap 15 | KDE 5 | Intel SU7300

Default Re: oS-11.4: How to make a video DVD?

Oh, and I've just found out SMplayer doesn't play anything (this explains why DeVeDe doesn't work)). Only VLC and Kaffeine do. I've got all the codecs installed.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15 | KDE 5 | Intel i-7500 | Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING | Asus EX-GTX1050TI-O4G nVidia

Default Απ: Re: oS-11.4: How to make a video DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by linuxoidoz View Post
    Oh, and I've just found out SMplayer doesn't play anything (this explains why DeVeDe doesn't work)). Only VLC and Kaffeine do. I've got all the codecs installed.
    Have you tried with K3b?
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

Blog Entries

Default Re: Απ: Re: oS-11.4: How to make a video DVD?

I've never had a problem making a video dvd.

But I don't use an 'all in one program'.

Rather I use 'tovid' to create the DVD compliant mpeg files.

Then I create my own xml files (with a text editor) such that I can use dvdauthor to create the video_ts directory (using the xml file I created).

Then its a simple launch k3b, drag and drop into k3b, and burn. I think I've made upwards of over 100 video DVDs with that technique.

On 03/26/2011 05:06 AM, linuxoidoz wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I think I've tried every single program to make a video DVD and nothing
    > worked so far. I haven't done this since version 11.2 where I used
    > ManDVD to make a DVD image from files and then burn it with K3B.

I've used kdenlive with good success. They have some good tutorials on
    their web site on do it. I just took notes as I watched, then went
    through the same steps and viola...

--
    Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
    Juneau, Alaska
    In a recent survey, 7 out of 10 hard drives preferred Linux
    Registered Linux User No: 307357, http://counter.li.org

I'd try to troubleshoot MPlayer/SMPlayer first. Once it works you'll probably find ManDVD does too.

Check the stickies (multimedia how-to's) and posts in the multimidia forum for audio issues - like correct device selection (AC analog/HD/HDMI/etc.), pulseaudio issues, phonon x alsa, etc. Computer audio is a moving target, every new hardware/framework/drivers bring new capabilities and a *lot* of issues...

stamostolias, yes, I've tried K3B - it says it can't determine video file duration. I tried 10-15 different formats. It burns data DVDs alright. What's the trick to make a video DVD in K3B?

oldcpu, I'll try the 'tovid'. Would K3B take it?

atftb, ManDVD works fine, it's just that the sound is *** if forced AC3. But without AC3 there's no sound at all. But Kdenlive simply fails to render to DVD. It can render to a file but then I've got the same *** sound as with ManDVD.

I don't have any sound issues on the computer, everything (except for SMplayer) works fine with all sound with phonon and all. I remember in version 11.3 I had multiple video output options in SMplayer, now I've only got 'xv'. And I've got all the codecs installed (as I've always done for the past 5 years or so).

Thank you all.

Forgot to mention, I've got this error in SMplayer:

"/usr/bin/mplayer -noquiet -nofs -nomouseinput -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo xv -ao alsa -nokeepaspect -framedrop -nodr -double -input nodefault-bindings:conf=/dev/null -stop-xscreensaver -wid 102760865 -monitorpixelaspect 1 -ass -embeddedfonts -ass-line-spacing 0 -ass-font-scale 1 -ass-styles /home/linuxoid/.config/smplayer/styles.ass -fontconfig -font Arial -subfont-autoscale 0 -subfont-osd-scale 20 -subfont-text-scale 20 -subcp ISO-8859-1 -subpos 100 -volume 50 -nocache -osdlevel 0 -vf-add screenshot -slices -channels 2 -af scaletempo,equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 -softvol -softvol-max 110 /mnt/Desktop/Movies/video.avi

Option ,alsa needs a parameter at line 77"

I jumped 1 minute too soon. I've just found this post: Confirmation on HDA intel sound problem for 11.4rc1 64 bits and it turns out it's a bug in the Mplayer config. This fixed my SMplayer, it plays fine, I've got all video and audio output options back:

just edit /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf, search for the line
    ,alsa
    and change it to
    ao=alsa
    Now I'll see if ManDVD and Kdenlive work. Fingers crossed...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by linuxoidoz View Post
    I jumped 1 minute too soon. I've just found this post: Confirmation on HDA intel sound problem for 11.4rc1 64 bits and it turns out it's a bug in the Mplayer config. This fixed my SMplayer, it plays fine, I've got all video and audio output options back:

Now I'll see if ManDVD and Kdenlive work. Fingers crossed...
    That should fix it
    We still can't track down why this is happing to some users, including me.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast