Has anyone been successfull to upgrade from opensuse 11.3 to opensuse 11.4?

Has anyone been successfull to upgrade from opensuse 11.3 to opensuse 11.4?

Plenty have reported here to that effect.

This was the easiest upgrade I did in the recent years with opensuse.
I changed my repositories to the 11.4 version before I started the process and had no a problem doing the upgrade.

Yes, I have recently upgraded a KDE system, and a separate Gnome system. Both went well.

Sure, updated using DVD on 2 x 32-bit machines and 1 x 64-bit machine.

Yes I did… very smooth upgrade… and I upgraded on the release day !!

I upgraded my laptop with LXDE desktop over WiFi. The easiest upgrade ever. On my desktop i did a clean install over 11.3 while saving my Home partition.

My upgrade has been successful on my desktop. It was not trivial. At first the display was unreadable unless I used nomodeset in grub. Alternatively I could use failsafe which did not bring up graphics at all. It was text.

Apparently the video driver in 11.4 doesn’t like my video card: invidia GeForce6150SE. Many of us have it. Running in “nomodeset” I downloaded a good driver for the card from invidia. Then I jumped through hoops to build it. In the end I want to develop on this machine, so I would have done the work anyway. First I imported
gcc
make, and
the kernel source package
Then I rebooted in fail-safe mode, so I could run the Invidia application with no graphics. It worked.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. They made all the difference!

Richard