Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

Default Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

I cant seem to get Opensuse 11.4 to install I am stuck using a USB drive but using the imagewriter program that Suse provides to do a usb installation. Everytime I try to install i get LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, CAUSE NOT REPORTABLE and some I/O error also if i DO the Check Disk thing its always perfect. Not sure it thats because im using usb.. idk.. Anyone?

Default Απ: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

Have you check boot from bios?
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

Default Re: Απ: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

I hit Esc when i start the computer and it allows me to go into a Boot Select screen where i can click my usb as main boot.

Default Απ: Re: Απ: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

Yes, Do it and try again.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition

Default Re: Απ: Re: Απ: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

@stamostollas just thought you should know im posting in Opensuse 11.4 Kde right now seems that the USB i bought like 2 weeks ago that i tried to use to install OpenSuse with doesnt work but my 2 year old usb drive did the trick =/ kinda weird lol.

Default Απ: Re: Απ: Re: Απ: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry421
    @stamostollas just thought you should know im posting in Opensuse 11.4 Kde right now seems that the USB i bought like 2 weeks ago that i tried to use to install OpenSuse with doesnt work but my 2 year old usb drive did the trick =/ kinda weird lol.

That's miracle!!!
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.

Default Re: Απ: Re: Απ: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

Could it be size related ? Is the new USB fob much bigger than the old one ?

Is this a case where _smaller_ is better :-)

Default Re: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

The usb that did work was 1g the usb that failed was a 2g seems smaller is better in this situation. =P

Default Απ: Re: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry421 View Post
    The usb that did work was 1g the usb that failed was a 2g seems smaller is better in this situation. =P
    lol.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.

Default Re: Cant install OpenSuse 11.4

I also have had lots of problems trying to install openSUSE 11.4. the Windows installation ...NET.exe complains that it can't execute bcdedit.exe as Administrator.
    The regular net-install program drops from a graphic installation to ncurses mode and fails to find a repository even when i point it at a nearby repository. I have tried for several days now without success. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast