Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with 11.4 KDE login screen & power management.

Default Re: Problem with 11.4 KDE login screen & power management.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoslai View Post
    But I'm not familiar to move a folder in terminal,can show me a tutorial? Thanks!
    In Unix/Linux such a thing a called a "directory" and you can move directories (and other files) with the mv command. See
    Code:
    man mv
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    In Unix/Linux such a thing a called a "directory" and you can move directories (and other files) with the mv command. See
    Code:
    man mv
    Done. Just change the 'SUSE' in DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME to 'horos' ( the theme I select ),now it change. Thanks.
    Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

Quote Originally Posted by consused View Post
    Ok that is unfortunate. It may be a kernel support issue that would require a bug report. Does it work using Windows (or any other distro) with special notebook function keys? If so, what version of Windows?
    Thanks bro. I have only one OS in my laptop. Display brightness still maximum after the desktop loaded,so I have to manually reduce it. The minimum brightness works fine in 11.3,but not in 11.4 now.........
    Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoslai View Post
    But I'm not familiar to move a folder in terminal,can show me a tutorial? Thanks!
    You don't necessarily have to use the terminal. Dolphin as root does the trick too.

Hi, I have MacBook Pro (latest version, baught in 2010 August). I am running Opensuse 11.4 64-bit version with KDE. In fact, I have upgraded from 11.3 to 11.4 yesterday. Everything works fine so far except the screen brightness. From boot until the login-screen the screen brightness is good, however, as soon as i login the display brightness decreases dramatically. I have set maximum brightness in power-management profiles. Still, it did not work. The hot keys for brightness control are working, but the maximum brightness itself is very low. Can you please suggest me what to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by linuxnewb View Post
    Hi, I have MacBook Pro (latest version, baught in 2010 August). I am running Opensuse 11.4 64-bit version with KDE. In fact, I have upgraded from 11.3 to 11.4 yesterday. Everything works fine so far except the screen brightness. From boot until the login-screen the screen brightness is good, however, as soon as i login the display brightness decreases dramatically. I have set maximum brightness in power-management profiles. Still, it did not work. The hot keys for brightness control are working, but the maximum brightness itself is very low. Can you please suggest me what to do ?
    It got fixed with the inclusion of NVIDIA drivers. But the brightness control keys are not working now. Neither the hot keys nor the changes in power profiles have any effect on brightness. It seems the brightness is maximum and it is locked somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12