Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

Default 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

Just updated to OpenSuSE 11.4 with KDE 4.6
    Code:
    Platform Version 4.6.00 (4.6.0) "release 6"
    and found a weird printing issue.

When I print to my HP LaserJet 1020 - which has worked fine since OpenSuSe 10.x to OpenSuse 11.3, any images print inverted.

For example, what is white in the image is printed black, and what is black in the image is printed white. When printing a document from LibreOffice, text on the same page as the image prints correctly.

I've checked that this is happening when printing images from LibreOffice, Okular, and Gimp, and tried it with PNG, TIF, and GIF image formats.

However, when I open HPLIP and send a test print through, it prints correctly - text and images all normal.

I have no idea where to go looking to fix this

Thanks
    BZFlag: good clean fun. Sorta.

Default Απ: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

I want to know your driver about HP maybe it needs to change it.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

Default Re: Απ: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

Quote Originally Posted by stamostolias View Post
    I want to know your driver about HP maybe it needs to change it.
    Not too sure what you mean, but here are the versions of the software:
    HPLIP 3.11.1
    - Device Manager 15.0 (QT4)
    HPCUPS 3.10.2.rc1.9

Does that help?

Default Απ: Re: Απ: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

Could you send me a picture to see?
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition

Default Απ: Re: Απ: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.

Default Re: Απ: Re: Απ: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

I had a similar problem trying to print to my HP Photosmart Premium C410, which is an inkjet All-In-One.
    BTW, it has a built-in duplexer, and printing even test pages came out "wrong" with the bottom inch or so
    of the page reprinted several times down the back side of the sheet.

I was able to resolve some of my problems by using YaST2 to change the driver from the CUPS HP driver to the "real" HP driver,
    i.e. similar name and version number, but without the "CUPS" designation. No, I don't know why/how that did the trick, but it did.

Ironically, I'd had some problems with printing late in the 11.3 lifetime and the newest hplip stuff hadn't been packaged into an RPM
    for 11.3, so I downloaded and installed that same driver (3.11.1) directly from the hplip project by using their ".run" file. BUT, I don't
    recall having had a problem with that installation's "CUPS" driver per se. I ended up doing a 'zypper dup' to upgrade to 11.4, and that
    failed miserably, so I had to do a fresh install of 11.4, and it came with the hplip 3.11.1 bits in an rpm. Getting all of the settings to
    work properly with the duplexer is still a headache (seems us Yanks have to use special "Letter Duplex" paper size), but it does work.

Default Απ: Re: Απ: Re: Απ: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

Quote Originally Posted by n1ho View Post
    I had a similar problem trying to print to my HP Photosmart Premium C410, which is an inkjet All-In-One.
    BTW, it has a built-in duplexer, and printing even test pages came out "wrong" with the bottom inch or so
    of the page reprinted several times down the back side of the sheet.

I was able to resolve some of my problems by using YaST2 to change the driver from the CUPS HP driver to the "real" HP driver,
    i.e. similar name and version number, but without the "CUPS" designation. No, I don't know why/how that did the trick, but it did.

Ironically, I'd had some problems with printing late in the 11.3 lifetime and the newest hplip stuff hadn't been packaged into an RPM
    for 11.3, so I downloaded and installed that same driver (3.11.1) directly from the hplip project by using their ".run" file. BUT, I don't
    recall having had a problem with that installation's "CUPS" driver per se. I ended up doing a 'zypper dup' to upgrade to 11.4, and that
    failed miserably, so I had to do a fresh install of 11.4, and it came with the hplip 3.11.1 bits in an rpm. Getting all of the settings to
    work properly with the duplexer is still a headache (seems us Yanks have to use special "Letter Duplex" paper size), but it does work.
    I thing it is drivers' fault. Wishlist Drivers - openSUSE
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.

Default Re: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

Still no progress on this.
    Here is what I get when I print a graphic image (png)

When I look at this image in LibreOffice, Gimp or Okular (or anything else) it looks like this:
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/861...baseschema.png

Text only pages print fine. Pages with text and graphics print the graphics like above and the text fine.

I've tried change drivers between hpcups 3.11.1.19 and hpijs and hplip. All produce identical results.

The information on printing under OpenSuse 10.x and 11.x was not helpful, as I mentioned earlier the printer has worked fine on all suse versions since 10.1 and up to and including 11.3.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Blog Entries

Default Re: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

I found this reported:

https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=630696

Anyway, the suggestion I've seen is to use the hpijs driver instead, although you claim that this doesn't work for you.

Maybe report it here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip

FWIW:

https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/139872
    Last edited by deano_ferrari; 22-Mar-2011 at 23:57.

Default [SOLVED] Re: 11.4 KDE 4.6 - All images print inverted (white on black)

Thanks for that info.

I went back and tried the hpijs driver again, and now its printing correctly. Maybe I didnt select it properly last time or something. Anyway its fixed now.
    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast