Thread: Package Install failing on 64 bit 11.4

Default Package Install failing on 64 bit 11.4

Hi everyone,
    I have installed opensuse 11.4 64 bit on a dell optiplex 755 with 4 gigs of RAM. Everything seems to be functioning but when I try to install new apps through YAST or zypper, it starts to download the package and it's dependencies, but you see it quickly slow down on the download speed until it gets to nothing, and I get the Abort,Retry prompt. The internet connection is fine. I can install apps from the DVD medium. Any suggestions?

pete

Default Re: Package Install failing on 64 bit 11.4

Did you try to click retry? Are there lots of packages? if you click retry and it still cannot retrieve it try to see which repository is not responding for the package you have. Try it manually to see if the repository is available.(paste the url in a browser. sometime the path in the repository is changed inadvertently by the keeper of the packages so you need to ignore that package and as soon as you restart the update it will pick up from the new path.

Thanks for responding. I did hit retry several times, sometimes it will download a few kb and slow to a stop and other times it just sits at 0 bytes per second on the first package until the timeout period. I was just trying to install the Lamp package which is only 8 packages or so. I was able to get to the repository with the url. it is the oss (Medium1) from the suse repositories. It's weird!

pete

Partially Solved. I just redirected the repositories from download.opensuse.org to another mirror found here: openSUSE Download Mirrors - 11.4
    The ones I selected let me install the packages with no problem.