Changing the login theme

Hello i am tring to change the login theme. I go to ‘Configure Desktop’ then ‘Login Screen’ and change it but when i log out it is still the default screen. Even if i reset the computer it is still the Default… is there something else i need todo?

I am using opensuse 11.4 with KDE as default but i have Gnome installed too.

Hello i am tring to change the login theme. I go to ‘Configure Desktop’ then ‘Login Screen’ and change it but when i log out it is still the default screen. Even if i reset the computer it is still the Default… is there something else i need todo?

I am using opensuse 11.4 with KDE as default but i have Gnome installed too.
The Login theme is controlled by YaST / System / /etc/sysconfig Editor / Desktop / Display Manager / DISPLAY_MANAGER_KDM_THEME=SUSE. Make this blank, save it and I think the KDM Login will be selected per your request. Be aware that the ability to change your session type from KDE to GNOME or XFCE will be lost if you do not use the SUSE theme. If you should upgrade KDE into oblivion, you may be done for with this setup.

Thank You,

Hi everybody,
I have a similar problem with my OpenSuse 11.4 at 64 BIT: whatever login theme I select, it always displays the default SUSE one.

I have already tried to act on the /etc/sysconfig Editor through Yast, but no way.
If I delete the current entry (SUSE) in DISPLAY_MANAGER_KDM_THEME and save it, then, whichever theme I select from the Desktop Configuration, it always displays a standard, simple, blue login. I also tried to write the name of the theme that appears from the Desktop Configuration/Login Theme in the DISPLAY_MANAGER_KDM_THEME, but no way.

I downloaded and imported many login themes, and I tried with them all, but it doesn’t work. Any idea?

Thank you very much

I found the solution in this thread: change the kdm login screen.

The main problem was that I entered the name of the theme through Yast, System, etc/sysconfig Editor, while it is the name of the folder where the theme is saved (/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes) that must be entered.

Thanks to gropiuskalle for the advice