Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with 11.4 Libre Office.

Default Problem with 11.4 Libre Office.

I tried Word Processor,found that I can't key in any word & punctuation,and,when I paste some words on it,it show,but if I add any word or punctuation,it doesn't show.
    Another problem is,I can't choose the format to save the thing.
    Is Libre Office really ready for end user?
    Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

Default Re: Problem with 11.4 Libre Office.

Yes - I've been using it since 11.3 without any problems. You have a local problem.

I have the same problem. I try to edit old .xls files as I used to in Open Office but I cannot type or enter anything! cant key in letters, delete or backspace, or even paste.

I have installed on 4 different computers now, 32 as 64 bit, on laptops, with AMD, VIA etc. No one office works. But I can see that scim and the spell checker try to write to LO. I will try to install with Gnome as it already in 11.3 was very slow in connecting to devices. So for us, back to 11.3. 11.4 is not ready for use yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxinlennox View Post
    I have the same problem. I try to edit old .xls files as I used to in Open Office but I cannot type or enter anything! cant key in letters, delete or backspace, or even paste.
    d

I have the exact same experience with .xls files (from Microsoft Office). OpenOffice (on 11.3) handles reading these, and writing back in .xls format to share with Windows. (O/O does not properly write back "vba" materiel, still struggling there). I need the ability to share .xls, .xlsx, .doc and .docx, and L/O seems a bit shaky there.

I do not wish to uninstall LibreOffice and install OpenOffice on 11.4, but I absolutely need at least the same functionality that O/O provides with Microsoft Office formats.
    Lap: Gateway NV79, i5-430, 4GB, 2 x 500GB HD, Intel GMA HD
    openSUSE Leap 15.0 x64 + 42.3 x64, KDE 5.15.3, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Windows 7

Test:: openSUSE 15.0, KDE Plasma, Windows/XP/SP3 guest.

On 2011-03-19 19:06, marcoslai wrote:
    >
    > I tried Word Processor,found that I can't key in any word &
    > punctuation,and,when I paste some words on it,it show,but if I add any
    > word or punctuation,it doesn't show.
    > Another problem is,I can't choose the format to save the thing.
    > Is Libre Office really ready for end user?

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)

All very strange - I've just opened an .xls file created in MS Office and saved in out in .ods format using LibreOffice. Did not encounter any problems at all navigating or doing anything in the file. I've also exported a Gnumeric file as .xls and .xlsx. LibreOffice opened the .xls file without any problem. With the .xlsx file, it did not import the currency format but, otherwise, the data and formulae were all as in the original Gnumeric file.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMc98 View Post
    d

I have the exact same experience with .xls files (from Microsoft Office). OpenOffice (on 11.3) handles reading these, and writing back in .xls format to share with Windows. (O/O does not properly write back "vba" materiel, still struggling there). I need the ability to share .xls, .xlsx, .doc and .docx, and L/O seems a bit shaky there.

I do not wish to uninstall LibreOffice and install OpenOffice on 11.4, but I absolutely need at least the same functionality that O/O provides with Microsoft Office formats.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t want to have to uninstall and go back to O/O. I am yet to find a way to work around it. if you find a way, let us know. please, before I revert to O/O.

Sorry for the basic question, but aren't those files read-only?

On a more complex tone, I remember some postings here about scim interfering with kbd configuration or something like that. If you disable it, the problem persist?

On 2011-03-21 02:36, brunomcl wrote:

> On a more complex tone, I remember some postings here about scim
    > interfering with kbd configuration or something like that. If you
    > disable it, the problem persist?

I posted a link to that info, read it.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast