Live CD BOOT/INSTALL problem with HCL k38 laptop

HI , I am using an HCL k38 pdc laptop and I am unable to boot KDE live cd of opensuse 11.4. The system boots to a graphical screen where a progress bar is shown. the progress bar proceeds to about 90% and then my system hangs. ALl I can see on my screen is that graphical image with suse logo and progress bar. Though my mouse works and I can move it all around the desktop but if I try pressing any key (CAPS/NUM LOCK/SCROLL LOCK) i dont see any LED notification for that. this concludes that the system is hanged.

PS: Key board has no issue as I can use it in Windows.

I tried to boot the lice cd in text mode and it worked very fine from there I installed the system on to my HDD in dual boot mode with windows XP.
But after installation when I boot opensuse from HDD it stucks at the same position.

I think this issue is with Nvidea graphics card as when the system boots I see an error message that says that the RAM has an address conflict with VGA ROM.

Please suggets how can I use opensuse. I have even tried ubuntu 10.10 but it also hangs while booting or after booting. So far I have been able to manage only Sabayon Linux working on this machine however the ubuntu 9.10 was working on this system and it also started behaving similarly after I upgraded it to ubuntu 10.04.

The problem resolve by providing the nomodeset parameter at the boot prompt of Opensuse 11.4.
Now my system is working fine. Hope this works for you and if not then try installing the latest Graphics driver for you graphics card.