Thread: Install graphics displaced off screen

Default Install graphics displaced off screen

Upgrading 11.2 to 11.4 (I have upgraded through many generations for a decade) the screen image is shifted a third of the screen size to the right so the left third of the screen is blank and the right third of the image is inaccessible. I am reasonably certain it is a driver timing problem. I got a similar problem when I downloaded nvidia's driver for my machine and got rid of it by going back to the generic nv driver distributed with suse. My native resolution is 1680x1050 I prefer a lower resolution and the yast installation graphics are lower and about right for me. I use a 64bit Lenovo but run a 32bit system both because my earlier systems were 32bit and because I am a heavy R statistics user and R runs about 10% faster at 32 bits. How can I get usable graphic installation upgrade?

Default Re: Install graphics displaced off screen

Hi,

just a question : how many monitors have you plugged in? More than one? If yes, try to unplug all but one.

**Perhaps** that helps.

Lenwolf

Only one monitor--21 inch.

Hi,

Have you tried to modify the screen size and timings with the sysconfig tool (to be found in the start menu)? There you have a display and monitor tab where you can change things.

HTH
    Lenwolf