Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Safe to upgrade to 11.4?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Narvik, Norway
    Posts
    393

    Default Safe to upgrade to 11.4?

    Hi!
    I'm using OS11.3 64bits with KDE 4.6.1 and its working fine.

    Would anyone recommend me to do an upgrade to 11.4 or wait?
    If 11.4 is good, then would anyone recommend me to do a network upgrade, or clean installation?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ελλάδα(Αθήνα)-Россия (г. Красноярск)
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Απ: Safe to upgrade to 11.4?

    In my opinion it would be better to wait and make upgrade later. If you want to make upgrade I have written a guide about that http://forums.opensuse.org/english/g...ml#post2298799
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15.3||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City Area, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    7,236

    Default Re: Safe to upgrade to 11.4?

    On 03/15/2011 01:36 PM, stamostolias wrote:
    >
    > In my opinion it would be better to wait and make upgrade later. If you
    > want to make upgrade I have written a guide about that
    > http://tinyurl.com/4lsgf6z


    I have been running 11.4 on my main system since M6, and 3 others since RC2. The
    first was a new install to M6 with upgrades since. The others were upgrades from
    11.3. All are working fine - 3 are KDE and the 4th is command-line only.

    Note: The nouveau driver for the 2 boxes with nVidia cards gives garbled screens
    and the "nomodeset" option is needed in the boot line. My Intel 945 works fine
    with the i915 driver.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •