Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    17

    Thumbs up Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    Hi
    When installed my lovely distro openSUSE 11.4 , i was bad, because firefox 4 has bad font smoothing. I corrected this problem and post in my Subpixel repo.
    Index of /repositories/home:/muzlocker:/firefox/openSUSE_11.4

    Too i create repository with ubuntu subpixel patches :
    Index of /repositories/home:/muzlocker/openSUSE_11.4
    Index of /repositories/home:/muzlocker/openSUSE_11.3

    Now , my font smoothing very good for me

  2. #2

    Thumbs up Re: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    And this is awesome!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Finland, European Union
    Posts
    1,879

    Default Re: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    This wouldn't happen to be using Microsofts patented subpixel colour filter, would it? (The one Ubuntu uses)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    Quote Originally Posted by muzlocker View Post
    Hi
    When installed my lovely distro openSUSE 11.4 , i was bad, because firefox 4 has bad font smoothing. I corrected this problem and post in my Subpixel repo.
    Index of /repositories/home:/muzlocker:/firefox/openSUSE_11.4

    Too i create repository with ubuntu subpixel patches :
    Index of /repositories/home:/muzlocker/openSUSE_11.4
    Index of /repositories/home:/muzlocker/openSUSE_11.3

    Now , my font smoothing very good for me
    Hi Muzlocker,

    This does not seem to work for me I am using above repos you have created.. This has selected some weired sans-serif font. I am not sure how to change the default sans-serif font. Can you help me please?

    Here are the snapshots of Yast and how sans-serif looks in firefox:



    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
    Last edited by vendetta18; 13-Mar-2011 at 06:06. Reason: Fixed wrong link
    --
    Vivek Bhat
    Linux User #496540
    Dell 620 S Desktop, 8GB, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, openSuSE Leap 42.1
    +Plasma 5, Kernel 4.1.20-11-default x86_64

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    Quote Originally Posted by vendetta18 View Post
    Hi Muzlocker,

    This does not seem to work for me I am using above repos you have created.. This has selected some weired sans-serif font. I am not sure how to change the default sans-serif font. Can you help me please?

    Here are the snapshots of Yast and how sans-serif looks in firefox:



    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
    Hi!

    Went to /home/[user_name]/.fonts.conf and configured it according my gtk settings.

    These are my settings:

    Code:

    <fontconfig>
    <match target="font">
    <edit mode="assign" name="rgba">
    <const>rgb</const>
    </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="font">
    <edit mode="assign" name="hinting">
    <bool>true</bool>
    </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="font">
    <edit mode="assign" name="hintstyle">
    <const>hintslight</const>
    </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="font">
    <edit mode="assign" name="antialias">
    <bool>true</bool>
    </edit>
    </match>
    </fontconfig>

    P.S I not like oxygen qt theme.I using qtcurve and slight smoothing for my fonts

  6. #6

    Default Re: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    Quote Originally Posted by muzlocker View Post
    Hi!

    Went to /home/[user_name]/.fonts.conf and configured it according my gtk settings.

    These are my settings:

    Code:

    <fontconfig>
    <match target="font">
    <edit mode="assign" name="rgba">
    <const>rgb</const>
    </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="font">
    <edit mode="assign" name="hinting">
    <bool>true</bool>
    </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="font">
    <edit mode="assign" name="hintstyle">
    <const>hintslight</const>
    </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="font">
    <edit mode="assign" name="antialias">
    <bool>true</bool>
    </edit>
    </match>
    </fontconfig>

    P.S I not like oxygen qt theme.I using qtcurve and slight smoothing for my fonts
    hey thanks muzlocker

    I copied http://www.infinality.net/files/local.conf to my /etc/fonts and made few changes to it. This solved my problem. Thanks again
    --
    Vivek Bhat
    Linux User #496540
    Dell 620 S Desktop, 8GB, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, openSuSE Leap 42.1
    +Plasma 5, Kernel 4.1.20-11-default x86_64

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    Screenshot with firefox and with dolphin please!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    Quote Originally Posted by muzlocker View Post
    Screenshot with firefox and with dolphin please!
    Dolphin
    Firefox
    --
    Vivek Bhat
    Linux User #496540
    Dell 620 S Desktop, 8GB, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, openSuSE Leap 42.1
    +Plasma 5, Kernel 4.1.20-11-default x86_64

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    Mmmm strange , I'm loving the rendering out of the box and finding this "beta" a vast improvement on the old which was becoming almost unworkable for me. This baby flies!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Firefox 4 with enabled system-cairo. For Subpixel rendering

    Hi muzlocker - could you add the 32-Bit compat version for libfreetype6-2.4.4-87.1.x86_64.rpm to your repo?
    Just like libcairo2-1.10.2-7.2.x86_64.rpm and libcairo2-32bit-1.10.2-7.2.x86_64.rpm
    Thx!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •