Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error on Packman Evergreen Essential "BAD KEY"

Default Error on Packman Evergreen Essential "BAD KEY"

Trying to update via the Evergreen Essential 11.1 of Packman and continuing of getting this error on all packages:
    Code:
    Subprocess failed. Error: RPM non riuscito:error: /var/cache/zypp/packages/Packman_Evergreen_Essentials_1/Essentials/i586/libavutil50-0.6.201103092102git-1.pm.1.2.i586.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 signature: BAD, key ID 1abd1afb
    error: /var/cache/zypp/packages/Packman_Evergreen_Essentials_1/Essentials/i586/libavutil50-0.6.201103092102git-1.pm.1.2.i586.rpm cannot be installed
    where of course the respective package changes.
    Any clue on the reason?

Default Re: Error on Packman Evergreen Essential "BAD KEY"

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:06:02 +0000, stakanov wrote:

> Trying to update via the Evergreen Essential 11.1 of Packman and
    > continuing of getting this error on all packages:
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > Subprocess failed. Error: RPM non riuscito:error:
    > /var/cache/zypp/packages/Packman_Evergreen_Essentials_1/Essentials/

i586/libavutil50-0.6.201103092102git-1.pm.1.2.i586.rpm:
    > Header V4 RSA/SHA1 signature: BAD, key ID 1abd1afb
    > error:
    > /var/cache/zypp/packages/Packman_Evergreen_Essentials_1/Essentials/

i586/libavutil50-0.6.201103092102git-1.pm.1.2.i586.rpm
    > cannot be installed
    >
    > --------------------
    > where of course the respective package changes.
    > Any clue on the reason?

There is an issue they're working on with the Packman repo keys.

Jim

--
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Thank you for the info.
    Regards.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:36:02 +0000, stakanov wrote:

> Thank you for the info.
    > Regards.

No problem - you might take a look at the info posted by Pascal in the
    announcements group for more details.

Jim

--
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

I have read through the announcement and it seems that the issue should be resolved (as the problem was the NO KEY thing, not the BAD KEY one). Now I have the feeling that my problem is maybe due to some issue in my signatures.
    I tried up to now the following:
    I erased the old imported packman key, an error probably, but when the repo refreshes no key installation is proposed, I thought of forcing the system to accept the new packman keys. Substantially it seams that the packages in general would install and the repo accepted without asking you to accept the signature of the repo. Maybe because now the packages should be signed directly?
    I then tried in a terminal:
    Code:
    rpm -vv --rebuilddb
    , ran without error, but did not change a thing on the error described above.
    I tried to do with zipper, but this did not work out saying that there i an empty space in the signature.
    Code:
    zypper ar -r http://packman.inode.at/suse/Evergreen_11.1/
    Problem parsing the file at the specified URI:
    /var/adm/mount/AP_0x0000000c/suse/Evergreen_11.1: Key in line 1 contains whitespace
    Is it a .repo file? See http://en.opensuse.org/Standards/RepoInfo for details.
    So since I did not see any new announcement, nobody complains and all the rest works: yast does refresh the repository (without asking for any key - odd that) and shows all the packages correctly. If you want to update there is the error message for every one of the as of above. If I do update from any other repository everything works (but for none I am asked to import a signature file). So maybe my key management has some major problem? I ask that to understand if this is an individual problem or a system wide one since by what is on the announcement page all should be fine now.
    Thanks for giving me some insight.

I get this error as well. I wonder if it was anything to do with the packages themselves and some kind of mismatch between new and old versions of Packman. I'm going to remove and reinstall these packages and see if this fixes things.

Just uninstalled all the packages (multimedia ones, not critical for my work computer) and now I can't reinstall them. Can't think of anything else I should do.

Quote Originally Posted by mturcios View Post
    Just uninstalled all the packages (multimedia ones, not critical for my work computer) and now I can't reinstall them. Can't think of anything else I should do.
    Try to install the versions of the "frozen" packman repo. At least they are functional. The essential seems not to work for now. I think there is an error with how the 11.1 packages have been signed.
    Ps. never do theis with all packages, always try with one. Just for the next time.

Blog Entries

After the PM you sent me (as noted lets stay public in this and no more private PMs please) I queried this on the packman mailing list and got this reply:

It seems that 11.1's rpm cannot handle the current Packman signing key. That's an rpm issue, not a zypper issue. It was confirmed here a few days ago; look at messages with the subject "RPM problem with packet signatures (not zypper and repomd.xml!)" Maybe that's because it's a 4096-bit key, but the root cause has not been established yet.

Since there is no known way to turn off rpm gpg signature check in zypper, Packman repositories cannot be used via zypper / yast for 11.1/Evergreen installations at the time.
    Given the state of 11.1, my guess unless Packman change the way they handle their key for repos back to the OLD way for evergreen, this won't be fixed for Packman (IMHO).

I'm going to investigate the smart package manager and see if I can get it to work here. My wife is using the laptop currently (she is enjoying 11.1 gnome with evergreen) so its difficult to lay my hands on that PC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    I'm going to investigate the smart package manager and see if I can get it to work here. My wife is using the laptop currently (she is enjoying 11.1 gnome with evergreen) so its difficult to lay my hands on that PC.
    I tuned the repostories in Smart Package manager for Evergreen (including the Packman essential for Evergreen), and refreshed the repos, briefly set the rpm-signature check to false in smart, and updated all the packman packager packages with no problem. Then ran then nominal 'SuSEconfig' followed by 'ldconfig' and it worked fine.

So there is an easy work around in place (in the guise of Smart Package manager).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast