Hello to everyone.

I must confess that I'm little confused... after two year of no-programming activity I must now come back and start to develop in Java.
In the meanwhile I have migrated from Windows to Linux, here starts my doubts. I would to install the latest version of netbeans available, so I have gone on the netbeans official site. Here I've found the Netbeans 6.9.1 version available (see http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html). But packages are marked as "x86/x64", so I told to myself "mmmmh... better to take a look to what Yast says..."

After running Yast, I've found only one package available:
netbeans-ide10 = version 6.5-4.5 (noarch)

"Version 6.5 only?? ", I told to myself. So, my next move was to run the "Package Search (Webpin)" tool. In this way I found the
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) - version 6.8 (noarch)

No version 6.9 is available...
But, ok, 6.8 is enough for me. The question is: may I install the 6.8 version even if the open-jdk is installed on my machine? Or need I the original 1.6.x JDK/JRE from sun?

Here some infos on my OpenSUSE 11.2 computer:

uname -a ------> Linux giulix 2.6.31.14-0.6-pae #1 SMP 2010-12-10 11:18:32 +0100 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
java -version ---------> java version "1.6.0_20"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.7) (suse-1.2.2-i386)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

I want to be sure to make the right choice, before installing the wrong version and creating a mess...