installing qtiplot rpm (built on OpenSuse 11.3) onto OpenSuse 11.4

I have just installed 64-bit OpenSuse 11.4 KDE onto my Dell Latitude D830 laptop but need the QtiPlot package for my work. I have found a rpm package (QtiPlot 0.9.8.3 ) that someone had previously compiled on OpenSuse 11.3. I have tried to installed it on OpenSuse 11.4 but KPackageKit gives me the message “nothing provides libpython 2.6.so.1.0()(64bit) needed by qtiplot-0.9.8.3-1.x86_64” It seems that python 2.7 is the current version on OpenSuse. Is there a straight forward way of resolving this?

You really can’t install accross different OS version reliably. There are different dependencies. But wait a bit and someone will most likely package it up. This the the danger of being a earlier adopter.

Another alternative would be to use the QtiPlot 0.9.8.4 generic linux binary provided on the website. However, when trying to execute it I get the following message
mark@linux-b2kx:~> /home/mark/Downloads/qtiplot-0.9.8.4/qtiplot
/home/mark/Downloads/qtiplot-0.9.8.4/qtiplot: error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any thoughts?