Thread: Java app error: "java.lang.NullPointerException"

Default Java app error: "java.lang.NullPointerException"

i try to open a java app, the launch proceeds as far as the final stages, but then stops to do the final sequences showing the error msg listed above. any suggestions?
    theo
    gateway nv53 laptop -- amd athlon II x2 m300 processor -- ati radeon hd4200 graphics -- ar928x wireless network adapter / netlink bcm5784m gigabit ethernet pci
    openSUSE 13.2 Harlequin (x86_64) -- Linux 3.16.7-7-xen -- KDE 4.14.3

Blog Entries

Default Re: Java app error: "java.lang.NullPointerException"

NPE is not a rare error so you have to contact the author and ask what the fix is.

This exception means that the application is trying to access an object that no longer exists. Looks like the app needs to be rewritten.

Hello topitz,

Quote Originally Posted by topitz
    i try to open a java app, the launch proceeds as far as the final stages, but then stops to do the final sequences showing the error msg listed above. any suggestions?
    theo
    As both ken_yap and imterpsfan2 said it's most likely a problem that the author can solve.
    What I wanted to add is that it also could be caused by wrong usages of the program.
    Although the application should never assume he gets a parameter it sometimes does.

Try to read the documentation and see if the program is expecting a parameter.

Best of luck!
    Where did I put my coffee cup?
    dir -R /home/* | grep "coffee cup"