Thread: Suse 11.3 installed want to install windows 7 (dual boot)

Default Suse 11.3 installed want to install windows 7 (dual boot)

I am new to linux , I installed Suse 11.3 a week ago on my new iMac 27'' core i7 and my experience have been wonderful so far. However I would like to install windows beside Suse (for games and windows only apps).

I used bootcamp to create a 200G partition for Suse, and I would like to partition the bootcamp further to install windows beside Suse, and choose the OS at boot time using rEFIt. I searched google and couldn't find a guide for installing windows 7 when linux is installed first.

Can anyone please point me to guides to help me in my quest?

1- I want to learn how to partition the boot camp drive using suse to create an empty partition for windows install

2- I want to learn how to install windows 7 on the mentioned partition without harming any boot configurations, as I said I want to be able to choose from the OSes at boot time using rEFIt bare in mind that the current installed OSes are suse 11.3 and OS X.

Thanks in Advance

Default Re: Suse 11.3 installed want to install windows 7 (dual boot)

Quote Originally Posted by Sexcellent View Post
    I am new to linux , I installed Suse 11.3 a week ago on my new iMac 27'' core i7 and my experience have been wonderful so far. However I would like to install windows beside Suse (for games and windows only apps).

I used bootcamp to create a 200G partition for Suse, and I would like to partition the bootcamp further to install windows beside Suse, and choose the OS at boot time using rEFIt. I searched google and couldn't find a guide for installing windows 7 when linux is installed first.

Can anyone please point me to guides to help me in my quest?

1- I want to learn how to partition the boot camp drive using suse to create an empty partition for windows install

2- I want to learn how to install windows 7 on the mentioned partition without harming any boot configurations, as I said I want to be able to choose from the OSes at boot time using rEFIt bare in mind that the current installed OSes are suse 11.3 and OS X.

Thanks in Advance
    Bing or Mac OS/x forums are your friends. rIFIt doesn't seem to be a problem, because it should recognize and install Win 7 OS, or you can modify rEFIt manually.
    Using Boot Camp to install Windows 7 on your Mac: The Complete Walkthrough Simple Help
    Whatever partitioning you used to create free space for openSUSE you'll need to use it to make free space for Win 7. Hope that helps.
    Box 1: OpenSuse 11.1/Win7 | Linux 2.6.27 Gnome | AMD 64 X2 6000+ | nVidia 8600GT | 2GB RAM
    Box 2: OpenSuse 11.2 | Linux 2.6.31 Gnome | AMD 64 3000+ | ATI X800 Pro | 1GB RAM
    Box 3: Win7 Premium Home | Intel P4 3.0Gz | ATI AIW 2006 | 2GB RAM

Default Re: Suse 11.3 installed want to install windows 7 (dual boot)

never heard of "bootcamp", who makes it?
    ask them how to use it...

and, since windows is VERY predatory, it is always best to install it
    first...if you install it after, it WILL kill everything it finds..

--
    DenverD
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD
    [NNTP posted w/openSUSE 11.3, KDE4.5.5, Thunderbird3.0.11, nVidia
    173.14.28 3D, Athlon 64 3000+]
    "It is far easier to read, understand and follow the instructions than
    to undo the problems caused by not." DD 23 Jan 11

Default Απ: Re: Suse 11.3 installed want to install windows 7 (dual boot)

I have created a guide about that. Read and translate this Dual Boot Windows με Linux

and fo seting grub read this Ρύθμιση και Επαναφορά του GRUB
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi