Thread: SOUND DOESNT PLAY

Exclamation SOUND DOESNT PLAY

I use SUSE openSUSE 11.3 (i586).
    I have installed mplayer also.It also has kaffeine movie player.But whenever i try to play any video file ,it plays the video properly but I dont get sound out of that video.Its just like mute.I tried playing video files via different players. CAN ANY1 PLEASE HELP ME??

Default Απ: SOUND DOESNT PLAY

Try to install alsamixer through yast juct writing alsamixer. Then go to terminal, write

Code:
    alsamixer
    and increase soundbars.
    Πάντα Φιλικά, Στάμος.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15||x86_64||Gnome 3.14 & KDE 5||AMD Ryzen 7 8 core||Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Edition
    Γλώσσες Προγραμματισμού: C++, Qt developing.
    http://bit.ly/fT8Hfi

Default Re: SOUND DOESNT PLAY

First, check KMix (KDE mixer/volume control - speaker icon in system tray). Make sure Master volume and PCM channel sliders are set at a high enough level and are not muted.

Then check them again when the video is actually playing.

BTW, as it's your first post, welcome to the forums.

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOUND DOESNT PLAY

In addition to the excellent advice that you have already been given in this thread, and whether or not you are successful, you likely will find it useful to follow the how-to-guide submitted by caf4926: Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide

... and to confirm your multimedia is optimised for openSUSE, you could also install and run the diagnostic script created by jdmcdaniel3: MultiMedia Checker or mmcheck - Check Your openSUSE MultiMedia Setup in Just 16 Steps

Welcome to openSUSE and welcome to our forum.