Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon Pixma MX320

Blog Entries

Default Re: Canon Pixma MX320

No, I don't have this printer, but in an effort to assist you, I downloaded and installed the MX320 printer driver. Did you get that far? If not, I can go over the steps that worked for me. If so, did you try configuring via the CUPS web interface (via firefox browser or similar)?

http://localhost:631

I had no problem configuring (as I previously posted here). I can't obviously test the driver as I don't own this model.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    No, I don't have this printer, but in an effort to assist you, I downloaded and installed the MX320 printer driver. Did you get that far? If not, I can go over the steps that worked for me. If so, did you try configuring via the CUPS web interface (via firefox browser or similar)?

I had no problem configuring (as I previously posted here). I can't obviously test the driver as I don't own this model.
    I had no problem downloading and installing. YaST has different file listings for 11.1 and 11.2

Blog Entries

Try configuring with the CUPS http interface...

Question Re: Canon Pixma MX320

Try configuring with the CUPS http interface...
    Sorry, I'm not with you. 11.1 drivers for both printer and scanner were from Canon. With 11.2 the same printer driver is compatioble but not the scanner. 11.3 reverses the situation, providing compatible driver for scanner from YaST, but nothing for printer. The Canon printer driver is no longer accepted due to changes in either the dependencies or file lists. The scanner driver has appeared for the first time in YaST hardware, but no printer driver is included. If someone other than Canon has compiled the driver for the scanner in 11.3, then perhaps they could do the same for the printer. Weird situation.

Blog Entries

11.3 reverses the situation, providing compatible driver for scanner from YaST, but nothing for printer.
    I'm not understanding you either. I'm using 11.3, and downloaded the rpm.tar.gz file from the Canon site (as I explained in post #5). After extracting the compressed files, I simply executed the install.sh script without issue, which installed the printer driver. Then I went as far as 'simulating' a printer install via CUPS web interface (not YaST), and located the MX320 driver (again without issue).

I'm not understanding you either. I'm using 11.3, and downloaded the rpm.tar.gz file from the Canon site (as I explained in post #5). After extracting the compressed files, I simply executed the install.sh script without issue, which installed the printer driver. Then I went as far as 'simulating' a printer install via CUPS web interface (not YaST), and located the MX320 driver (again without issue).
    Now I am really getting nowhere! I was not aware of the CUPS website; went there and for two days have been requesting registration. Was told to enter verification sent by e-mail; nothing has arrived. Found their web support that recognises the printer at the same level of driver as YaST but no download option. Did I miss something?

Blog Entries

The CUPS web interface resides in your computer!

It is simply a means to graphically configure CUPS with connected printers.

If you installed the MX320 (RPM) driver package from here, (as already explained several posts ago), you will then extract (uncompress) the files, and use the install.sh script (as root) to install. Then when you configure (with printer connected) via CUPS, you should be able to select the MX320 model without issue. (I'm not sure that you installed the necessary printer drivers correctly).

Blog Entries

BTW, you should end up with these 2 packages installed:

Code:
    rpm -qa |grep cnj*
    cnijfilter-common-3.10-1.i386
    cnijfilter-mx320series-3.10-1.i386

BTW, you should end up with these 2 packages installed:

Code:
    rpm -qa |grep cnj*
    cnijfilter-common-3.10-1.i386
    cnijfilter-mx320series-3.10-1.i386
    Been out of touch for some time. The original roblem no longer exists. Running 11.3 I find MX320 scanner provided for. XSane works fine, Skanlite bombs at 99%. BUT, there is no suppport for Pixma printers worth mentioning. Looking at the scanner driver data I see that it is listed as 4.4.4-2.1.1-i586, source openSUSE. I wonder who wrote that, and why then is there not an openSUSE driver for the printer?

In the meantime, I see that 11.4 is out. Perhaps I should try it to find out what is and is not supported!

The model number Canon PIXMA MX320.

Method 1:
    You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:
    Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : Consumer & Home Office

Method 2:
    You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check –
    Canon PIXMA MX320 Driver

Good Luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12