Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphin compress menu doesn't work anymore

Default Dolphin compress menu doesn't work anymore

Hi,

I've just noticed my Dolphin compress service menu doesn't compress anything except for '*.zip'. It used to compress '*.tar.gz' and '*tar.bz2' but now none of these work, and the bz2 option is gone altogether.

Does anyone know what might have happened?

I have openSUSE 11.3 & KDE 4.6, but this happened before I upgraded to KDE4.6 just a few days ago, so it's not KDE4.6 related, maybe 4.5? maybe Dolphin?

I also tried to install the extract/compress plugin but it says "Could not find program 'compress_TARBZ2.sh'" which all are in my /bin folder. I also checked I have all the extract/compress file installed: zip, tar, gzip, bzip and so on.

I also tried 'Compress to...' which open Ark, then I selected either 'gz' or 'bz' and still nothing happened.

However, all extraction works fine. It's the compression into anything but 'zip'.

Any clues? Thank you.
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15 | KDE 5 | Intel i-7500 | Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING | Asus EX-GTX1050TI-O4G nVidia
    Laptop Asus UL30A: openSUSE Leap 15 | KDE 5 | Intel SU7300

Default Re: Dolphin compress menu doesn't work anymore

I should add 7Zip works fine, but it needs a few extra steps to compress a file. The Ark menu was very convenient as it was just 1 click. I tried PeaZip, but it gives me some scary Access Violation errors
    Desktop: openSUSE Leap 15 | KDE 5 | Intel i-7500 | Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING | Asus EX-GTX1050TI-O4G nVidia

Blog Entries

I see this too.
    I did read something in the Mailing Lists recently about one of the archive apps. That it will need to be moved to NON-OSS.
    But I can't see it being related to our current situation.

If you go to the 'Compress To' option, there should be more to try?
    Might be worth a bug report
    I'll check in the IRC too
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Yes, that's what I tried, but nothing works except for 'zip' and 'rar'. Might be an Ark bug.

Blog Entries

These work for me
    tar, tar.bz, tar.gz, zip, rar
    Leap 15.1_KDE

And I've just opened Dolphin from a console and it spitted out a million errors, mostly like this:

Code:
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(13247)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid model"
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(13247)" Soprano: "Invalid iterator."
    could not skip chunk size 8192
    could not reset stream of /home/linuxoid/Temp/pic1.png from pos 65536 to 0 after reading with PngEndAnalyzer: 
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(13247)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
    QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
    (Parent is Soprano::Client::LocalSocketClient(0x7c2898), parent's thread is QThread(0x608450), current thread is KLoadFileMetaDataThread(0xb19fe0)
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(13247)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(13247)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
    (Parent is Soprano::Client::LocalSocketClient(0x7c2898), parent's thread is QThread(0x608450), current thread is KLoadFileMetaDataThread(0xb19fe0)
    "/usr/bin/dolphin(13247)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
    Error in parsing: 
    could not reset stream of /home/linuxoid/Temp/Zurich_claim_form.pdf from pos 65536 to 0 after reading with PdfEndAnalyzer: 
    (Parent is Soprano::Client::LocalSocketClient(0x7c2898), parent's thread is QThread(0x608450), current thread is KLoadFileMetaDataThread(0x7bb650)
    (Parent is Soprano::Client::LocalSocketClient(0x7c2898), parent's thread is QThread(0x608450), current thread is KLoadFileMetaDataThread(0x7bb650)
    Error in parsing: 
    could not reset stream of /home/linuxoid/Temp/Zurich_claim_form.pdf from pos 65536 to 0 after reading with PdfEndAnalyzer: 
    /usr/bin/ark: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/kde4/kerfuffle_libarchive.so: undefined symbol: archive_read_disk_new
    (Parent is Soprano::Client::LocalSocketClient(0x7c2898), parent's thread is QThread(0x608450), current thread is KLoadFileMetaDataThread(0xc8e110)
    (Parent is Soprano::Client::LocalSocketClient(0x7c2898), parent's thread is QThread(0x608450), current thread is KLoadFileMetaDataThread(0xc8e110)
    could not skip chunk size 8192
    could not reset stream of /home/linuxoid/Temp/pic1.png from pos 65536 to 0 after reading with PngEndAnalyzer:

Blog Entries

Try a new user login
    See if it's better and report back. In the mean time, let me check on the files you need to edit out in your normal account Re: that error
    Leap 15.1_KDE

I've just checked again: tar, rar, tar.bz, tar.gz, zip and only zip worked, none of the others work from Ark, only from p7zip. Weird!

Do you know how to do the same thing from console to check what errors Ark may have?

I checked from another account - same problem, only 'zip' works.

Blog Entries

Delete this folder:
    .kde4/share/apps/nepomuk

these file:
    .kde4/share/config/nepomukserverrc
    .kde4/share/config/nepomukstrigirc
    Leap 15.1_KDE

OK, deleted the files/folder, still the same errors and A LOT of them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast