Thread: PHP5 soap extension not loading

Default PHP5 soap extension not loading

Hello, I have no hair any longer on the sides of my head... after trying to deal with this problem.

I have installed apache2 on a SuSE 11.3 box, with php5, php-pear, php-gd, etc, and I cannot get php-soap to get recognized.

Do I need to see the soap.so when I cat /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf ?

• When I run an installation wizard for the web app I am planning to host, and it says that there is no soap installed.
    • When I place soap php-soap php5-soap in the APACHE_MODULES of /etc/sysconfig/apache2 (just to make sure at least one is the right name) and restart apache2 I get error messages that say, soap (or php-soap, or php5-soap) is not installed, so its being ignored.
    • When I run my phpinfo.php script, I see PHP is working, and soap is one of the successful modules (!?).

So, why can't apache see soap?

I can find my soap.so within /usr/lib/php5/extensions/soap.so (how would I successfully load that into Apache, when it starts?

I have been using yum, so I went to yast, and installed php-soap again. restarted apache, and still no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: PHP5 soap extension not loading

Quote Originally Posted by zoomiest View Post
    Do I need to see the soap.so when I cat /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf ?
    Yes. That's the list of loaded modules. So if some module is loaded, it can be seen there.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomiest View Post

I can find my soap.so within /usr/lib/php5/extensions/soap.so (how would I successfully load that into Apache, when it starts?
    PHP extensions and apache modules are different things. Check /usr/lib/apache2 for the list of installed modules.

When you are sure you have the module you want installed, edit /etc/sysconfig/apache2 and add your module name to the APACHE_MODULES variable.

However, the thing you are trying to do is load an extension of php I guess. if so, edit /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

and add this:

extension="name of the extension which resides in your extension directory"
    Last edited by yasar11732; 10-Feb-2011 at 12:43. Reason: correction
    The only problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes trouble shoots back.
    My blog (in Turkish): http://yasar.serveblog.net

Thank you.

It didn't make a difference with my app's install wizard, but, since I CAN see that soap is active in my phpinfo.php test, (the typical one), and the fact that I have installed it with yast and yum, I am beginning to think that the app's wizard (legacy open source) is no longer testing the right thing!

I will go forward. Thank you for your help!

Thank you. for taking the time.

Can you post outcome of this command?

<?php
    print_r(get_loaded_extensions(TRUE));
    ?>
    The only problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes trouble shoots back.
    My blog (in Turkish): http://yasar.serveblog.net

Thank you for the help. When I put that script in a web page an open it up in a browser, the entire page only contains:
    Array()
    My web page is coded as follows:

<html>
    <head></head>
    <body>

<?php
    print_r(get_loaded_extensions(TRUE));
    ?>

</body>
    </html>