Thread: some bugs In Gnome -opensuse 11.3

Default some bugs In Gnome -opensuse 11.3

Hi,
    Here is a list of some gnome desktop system inconsistencies i encounter (opensuse 11.3):
    -the shortcut 'Shutdown' only logs me out and doesnt trigger a complete computer shutdown
    -some time when i launch 'Control Panel' and want to change Gnome theme the theme apply doesn't work. same thing for keyboard layouts .sometimes if i launch keyboard layout form control panel i don't get my keyboard layout added languages. the only solution is that i logout and then re-login so the system work correctly again.
    -i also sometimes get a bad Crash report when i lauch Nautilus browser .if i ignore to report the crash bug the Nautilus app works but with strange look.

does any one encountered these problems?

Default Re: some bugs In Gnome -opensuse 11.3

Hello othmanelmoulat,

Quote Originally Posted by othmanelmoulat
    Hi,
    Here is a list of some gnome desktop system inconsistencies i encounter (opensuse 11.3):
    -the shortcut 'Shutdown' only logs me out and doesn’t trigger a complete computer shutdown
    -some time when i launch 'Control Panel' and want to change Gnome theme the theme apply doesn't work. same thing for keyboard layouts .sometimes if i launch keyboard layout form control panel i don't get my keyboard layout added languages. the only solution is that i logout and then re-login so the system work correctly again.
    -i also sometimes get a bad Crash report when i lauch Nautilus browser .if i ignore to report the crash bug the Nautilus app works but with strange look.

does any one encountered these problems?
    I don't use Gnome myself so I'm probably not able to help solve all your problems.
    But maybe I can help with your first problem.

I heard people having the same problem of Gnome not shutting down but login-off.
    It happens when you're running kdm while using Gnome or gdm while using KDE.
    So do you run kdm or any other dm than gdm?

Best of luck!
    Where did I put my coffee cup?
    dir -R /home/* | grep "coffee cup"

Blog Entries

I heard people having the same problem of Gnome not shutting down but login-off.
    True

Check your settings
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Dis...ager-gnome.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Dis...ager-gnome.jpg
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_Iii View Post
    Hello othmanelmoulat,

I don't use Gnome myself so I'm probably not able to help solve all your problems.
    But maybe I can help with your first problem.

Best of luck!
    thanks
    what about the other problems of Gnome not able to apply theme or loose keyboard layout languages etc?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by othmanelmoulat View Post
    thanks
    what about the other problems of Gnome not able to apply theme or loose keyboard layout languages etc?
    Sounds like a flaky install.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below