Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: libreoffice 3.3

Default libreoffice 3.3

It seems that libreoffice 3.3 is out :-)
    does suse has (or will have) it in oss repo or packman or I have to add a repo??
    can libreoffice be installed alongside openoffice??
    thanksguys
    Pier

Default Re: libreoffice 3.3

there's an unstable libreoffce repo that contains 3.3.0.4-19.1 software.opensuse.org: Search Results

I would think it would be best to uninstall openoffice, but not sure - if you google there was announcement somewhere about this, maybe on planet suse
    openSUSE Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5 & KDE 4.14.x, pretty current proprietary Nvidia drivers (self-compiled)

Blog Entries

ATM LibreOffice cannot be installed alongside OO.o, one of the deps is the removal of (most of) OO.o

The latest LibreOffice packages are in the LibreOffice:UNSTABLE repo.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

full url of repo is,

"http://download.opensuse.org:80/repositories/LibreOffice:/Unstable/openSUSE_Factory/"

latest version today is 3.3.0.4

if you want the dictionary function to work in libreoffice -- do not delete the associated language files of openoffice

Quote Originally Posted by keellambert View Post
    if you want the dictionary function to work in libreoffice -- do not delete the associated language files of openoffice
    So LibreOffice is compatible with OpenOffice spellcheckers?

I am particularly interested in installing OpenOffice *.oxt file with spellcheck (for Estonian language) in LibreOffice. Will it work? Any hints?

Hey someone....now that LibreOffice 3.3 is STABLE, when do they expect to have the STABLE branch of the repository set up? I want to move
    from UNSTABLE to STABLE as soon as possible, but as of now, it's still not built yet. Thanks.

Don't you think that now ought to be created a "stable" repo for libreoffice?? where to insert the stables versions, reading the libo plan they has a 2-4 weeks release time, so the unstable would be hurry updated

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    Don't you think that now ought to be created a "stable" repo for libreoffice?? where to insert the stables versions, reading the libo plan they has a 2-4 weeks release time, so the unstable would be hurry updated
    LibreOffice has only been in development for a few weeks. The first stable release only came out on Tuesday, so there will be a stable repo soon.

Quote Originally Posted by seld View Post
    So LibreOffice is compatible with OpenOffice spellcheckers?

I am particularly interested in installing OpenOffice *.oxt file with spellcheck (for Estonian language) in LibreOffice. Will it work? Any hints?
    I think it will work.
    I changed openoffice with libreoffice some weeks ago, and everything (extensions included) works.
    Only thing is that openoffice works with ~/.ooo3 and libreoffice with ~/.libreoffice
    Just move to the new directory what you need. Or install again in libreoffice the extensions you want to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by chief_sealth View Post
    LibreOffice has only been in development for a few weeks. The first stable release only came out on Tuesday, so there will be a stable repo soon.
    Good news

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast