Wine: Quicken 2011 Premier

Ok, I was going through the wine database trying to install quicken. I was wondering if I am reading this correctly. The instructions say to install acrobat. Am I supposed to download and install the windows version through wine or am I supposed to install it through opensuse as an rpm. My thoughts are pointing me toward the windows version because how else would Quicken interact with it, but I just wanted some clarification. Thanks

I agree, you would install the windows version through wine. Perhaps the Quicken comes with a version of acrobat reader included. Windows programs that required it, often included it on the media.

I downloaded it through amazon was trying something new. I keep getting a com error though. Here is the terminal command out put

fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L"Amazon Download Agent"): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0004,0x0000,0x000003e7,(nil),0x0002,0x00000000,0x9ae9bc,(nil)): stub
fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC90.CRT" (9.0.21022.8)
err:module:import_dll Library mfc90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Quicken\\qw.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Quicken\\qw.exe" failed, status c0000135
office@office:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Quicken> fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub

Also When I click on the Browse C:/Drive in my kickoff launcher with wine it says “Unable to run the command specified. The file or folder file:///home/office/Documents/.wine/dosdevices/c: does not exist” But my correct path is “file://home/office/.wine/dosdevices/c:” How do I make this correction under wine configuration tab Drives it does not allow me to change drive C:

What version of Windows did you configure wine for?

It wouldn’t surprise me if wine is a bit behind the curve when it comes to installing the the latest version of a windows app. That depends on which level of installer Quicken is using. Did you check the WineHQ website applications database?

Unfortunately my Windows knowledge is somewhat out of date, so hopefully more experienced users will pitch in to help you.

I did WineHQ - Quicken 2010. I also did not realize that when you purchased software from a download that you can not burn it to a cd which is what I had originally planned on doing.

That is encouraging since 2010 version installed on several distros. I guess you have already googled for Quicken 2011 with linux and with wine.

Did you find WineHQ - Quicken 2011 Premier version entry in the WineHQ database?

I did and I tried those steps, I also tried to uninstall quicken and reinstall it. Now I get an error at the end of installation Sorry we have to close down the installation process. Check the permission Level of the folder where you are attempting to install Quicken error code 1603. I think I should be able to burn this and have a back up copy of it, because of stuff happening like this. is there any way to reinstall wine without losing quicken. I bought it through amazon with their Amazon games and software program.

Does anybody understand this? I am looking at method 1

This product is not supported on a 64-bit operating system. Setup will now exit.

This is because you are running the 32-bit installer in a WoW64 Wine. There are two ways to overcome this:

Method 1: create 32-bit WINEPREFIX

Set environment variable "export WINEARCH=win32", create a new WINEPREFIX and run the installer

Method 2: "hack" to force install into 64-bit WINEPREFIX

It is possible to install 32-bit .NET Framework in 64-bit prefix (shared Wow64 enviroment):

In order to do this: run the .NET installer as follows:

­$ wine dotnetfx /C

It will ask you for a folder to put extracted files in. After extraction, go to the folder and open up the "install.ini" in text editor.

Change the value under [setup] section:

­

BlockOn64Platform=1

to

BlockOn64Platform=0

Now you are ready to run the installer using:

$ wine install.exe

“solved”
1 found program that I bought and saved it to a cd
2 downgraded wine from x86_64 to i586
3 deleted .wine folder
4 ran winecfg